iRig Mic

• 4 Replies

Gabe Carter

• Busker
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
So I'm a simple songwriter: Pen, pad and my acoustic. So I have iRig for my electric for practicing with my tele and AmpliTube but IK just released a new iRig Mic for my iPhone. Just ordered it today since they're finally shipping, anyone else think this is going to be a solid little demo studio? They have VocaLive Free for it with a 1 track recorder. I really think thats all I'll need just me singing playing acoustic and if I need I can upgrade to the 4 track but I doubt I'll need that. It'll just be for demos and I want it to be portable. Any thoughts?

Sammy H

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »
Yeah, I love the iRig Mic. I just got mine and I'm using it in GarageBand on my iPad.
I do vocal processing in VocaLive though. Maybe you don't need that, but it's cool if you can't sing in tune like me! LOL!  ;D

Gabe Carter

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 02:41:06 AM »
Lol thats cool and ya I'll probably need it!

Gabe Carter

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 04:06:08 AM »
Just got it yesterday and I've been messing with it, sounds clean! WAY better than the built in mic and I love that I can have it in a mic stand!

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »
You would probably get better quality if you could record your guitar and voice to seperate tracks - but it all depends on what microphone you are using?