konalavadome

"Time Will Soon Tell" A song about dying.

• 19 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 02:03:40 AM »
It made me feel sad because death :'( but it made me happy that it was written so well :) especially the last two lines of the chorus

Interesting how perspectives on death change as you get older.  I'm 61.  When I was your age, this would have been a "sad" song. 

For most of the people my age now, it's a comforting, affirmation.  The singer/narrator in the song isn't really "sad." 

Don't be in a big hurry to get to my age just to find out.  :O)
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

PeeJay

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »
Another fine write Verlon.

Asks alot of the questions people ponder when they near death. We don't know the answers of course. Apart from the accounts of those who've had near death experiences that is and even they can't give the full picture.

Nice one,

Phil.
I don't know what i'm doing but i do it anyway.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 02:16:49 AM »
Another fine write Verlon.

Asks alot of the questions people ponder when they near death. We don't know the answers of course. Apart from the accounts of those who've had near death experiences that is and even they can't give the full picture.

Nice one,

Phil.

Actually Peejay... there are two kinds of people who DO claim to have those answers. 

1.  Fools.
2.  Liars. 

:O)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
Hi Verlon
I agree with others that the rhyming and rhythm are good in this, and it is nicely structured for a good song. To me, the God/Devil thing will limit its audience to those that can relate to those beliefs.
But I won't start THAT debate here..
Nice one!
Paul

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »
Hi Verlon
I agree with others that the rhyming and rhythm are good in this, and it is nicely structured for a good song. To me, the God/Devil thing will limit its audience to those that can relate to those beliefs.
But I won't start THAT debate here..
Nice one!
Paul

You are almost certainly right.  The whole "I don't know" concept seems to be more threatening than outright acceptance or rejection.  I suspect that's because those who don't know can't really have their position attacked.  They lack a position TO attack.