« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 09:04:38 PM »

I know you prob don't want my FB

but i'll come in with my head down and helmet on
 I enjoyed the song and thought it was really well produced
 lovely quality to it and I enjoyed the lyrics
 I don't know what they want in US so can't say if it works there but
 I do hope you get what you want from the song

Hopefully they want this ;)Benjo!

heres a vid i watched today(not for the first time either),,its both stupid and compelling ! but it`s what they like!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:59:02 PM by songsthatcry »

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »
This would fit seamlessly into Sawyer Brown's song set.  Very much like what he writes and plays.  I'm not a huge fan of his body of work, but two of his songs are personal favorites in my best songs list - songs that I'm willing to sing at Karaoke or in a gig if I can get the music done well. 

I think this is as polished and complete a song as I've heard on the internet.  I would not be surprised to see this on a CD from someone who can make you some money with it. 

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 02:05:01 PM »
@Montydog Thanks for your reply...
@Amir ,cheers !
@Hardwhistle being that your from those parts, well same country anyway,,thanks for that also...had a look at the Sawyer bro`s vids....think i have come across them before, obviously other bands like Florida Georgia line , have come along and taken their style and that..but still a good old outfit.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
Paul - it's not your place to decide whether or not someone can post their song on my forum. Please keep your attitude in check. Just because STC didn't find much value in your critique doesn't mean you should have a grump.
OK - my bad and I apologize to anyone I have offended.
Another forum that I belong to has a "Showcase" section and they are very strict about insisting members use it for songs this far advanced in the process. I'll keep in mind that things are different here and I promise not to post anything negative for songs like this. I do wish you every success with this song!

Best
Paul

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 05:31:02 PM »

well I enjoyed that vid

you CAN'T beat a bit of country,  I love it
 CHEW TOBACCA SPIT,  WHAT A LINE HOOKED ME IN
 girls looked good too

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
@Paulski....no ones offended  ;)
@Benjo....watch out for those southern girl!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
watch out for those southern girls!
Now there's a lyric if I ever saw one!

Jonbudworth

• Busker
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »
This is really good! I'm not a mega fan of country music but very much enjoyed listening to this. The production and especially the vocal sound is excellent.
Is it or will it be part of an EP/album?

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »
Is it or will it be part of an EP/album?

Well i don`t know,,i've sent it to someone looking for a song with `American` in the title,,for their first album...so wait and see.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »
Not sure I want to put my head above the parapet on this one :o.
Sounded like a pro recording of a good standard country style song.not my genre so can't add too much. Good luck with it!

Cheers
Jamie

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 03:40:52 AM »
Actually, it's a bit interesting.  What I liked MOST about this is the thing that most of you from England liked least, or were at least a bit put off with. 

And I think (songsthatcry) that you didn't really INTEND the part I liked most. 

"Made in American Cars" is a marvelous bit of Good Ole Boy southern slang that you probably didn't even intend.  "Made in America" is American slang.  "Made" is American slang for "picked up."  Put the two together, and my impression (had I not known you are NOT from the Southern USA) was this was put together by a "Good Ole Boy" from Alabama or Mississippi. 

It's actually (imo, and to my American ears) what "makes" the chorus. 

Pull it out, and I wouldn't have remained interested. 

It would be interesting to know if you intended that, or even knew it was happening. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:27 AM »
Hearing some of the comments from country fans (closet or otherwise  ;)) I do actually think you might be on to something with this one

I have had a look at the lyrics to see if I could see why I was getting "mixed messages" about the meaning of the song

I think it was only a couple of lines/words:

you turn me on when you turn your key

This is what initially made me think you were talking about a woman - I think a slight tweak to: "you turn me on when I turn your key" would tighten up the lyric and focus the message

cos I’m lookin for love, with a fast lane heart

This line also stuck out suggesting that you were looking for a "woman's" love because you had already set up your love for the car

Something like "Cos I found love, with a fast lane heart" would again (IMHO) tighten the lyric to the concept

These few tweaks really focus the lyric to the concept and makes the other, excellent, lines come alive (the metal curves etc.)

This then, for me, makes this a clear love/nostalgia song about American Cars, acting as a metaphor for a "fast loving woman with curves"  ;D

The fact that you have also hit on some authentic southern slang would make me want to consider really tightening this up as much as you can because it is looking like there is some real potential in your chosen market

I am sure they would "punch in" and change a few words for you if you wanted to tweak anything
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
HOLY CRAP this is super radio friendly. DRIVE TIME BABY! :)

That session guitarist knows his beans doesn't he? The production values are so slick, it's really very well done.

Now I'm not a big fan or an expert of this kind of music, but to my ignorant ears it sounds like a perfect fit for the genre. The only part that gives me cause for doubt is the title line in the chorus. American Cars. Maybe it's a British thing, but I can't get behind this concept on an emotional level - which is a shame cos the song sets the chorus up beautifully.

You should be very pleased indeed with this STC.  :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

@Paul - thanks for your message. Sorry if I was a bit heavy-handed - it was a heavy whip-cracking day on the forum and you were last in the queue. Glad you stayed with the thread though. :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »
Right..@Hardwhist...i did not know the slang meaning...`made` to me is..like when you say if we pull this deal off , we've got it `made`..like there`s nothing to worry about,lifes good,lifes complete..

@Boydie...the song is about...going out  driving,the life style and romance ,of being in cars..not about cars....
there`s a lot of metaphor use...so maybe to the hearer it can be about cars,it can be about girls.guys...either way i think it works...theres a lot of petrol heads who will get off on that...and for those more interested in the romance,they will like that..

Sevla..wrote parts of the lyric..mainly the M8...which i like....but it did `steer` it the way of the car..(no pun intended)...

you turn me on when you turn your key

This is what initially made me think you were talking about a woman - I think a slight tweak to: "you turn me on when I turn your key" would tighten up the lyric and focus the message

This is about a woman or guy.depending on the gender of the listener...its not about a vehicle...that to me would be corny,,,,

cos I’m lookin for love, with a fast lane heart

This line also stuck out suggesting that you were looking for a "woman's" love because you had already set up your love for the car.

Again it`s not about a vehicle....

So ,for me...its about jumping in cars ,with your friends.could be girl friends or boyfriends...or you could be looking for love.......its not about being in love with a car...but if that turns you on ..go for it......the intended listener will be so full of Budweiser ,they won`t get any of these points anyway.. :)

@Tone..yes well...got to give a lot of credit to the studio guys....they are experts really..........American cars was chosen bcos , when i thought of 50`s America  ,James Dean and that,,,just getting in big Oldsmobile and going out,cheap fuel,,big cars , good weather...

So remember this was written with American listeners in mind,,,,not American cars...although if General Motors want to use it for an advertising campaign ,,then my tel number is 07..................... :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:46:42 AM by songsthatcry »