American Cars

• 46 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 11:54:44 AM »
these songs and lyrice get the once over by studio writers before they get made...and your observations were not mentioned..and they are not a problem to me as the writer of them!
Let me get this straight - the studio (who I assume you are paying money to) has writers that liked your lyrics and I take it from your comment that you really like them too. Well, that's all that matters, isn't it?

So again I'll ask - why did you bother posting the song on this forum?
Paul

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 12:09:06 PM »
these songs and lyrice get the once over by studio writers before they get made...and your observations were not mentioned..and they are not a problem to me as the writer of them!
Let me get this straight - the studio (who I assume you are paying money to) has writers that liked your lyrics and I take it from your comment that you really like them too. Well, that's all that matters, isn't it?

Paul

Wow, my passive /aggressive speedometer is revving,but i've been warned..so nope, not going there! 

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »

Paul

Wow yes why did you bother STC,

What has happened to this forum, no wonder people have left.  Of course stc can post Paul, this is really unpleasant behaviour.

I know stc better than most/all people on this forum, and he is really not arrogant actually and has no ego unlike some people I could mention.  If anything he is lacking in ego and I can give him my honest opinion about his work freely and without concern about him taking offence which is more than I can say for a few people here.

I am disgusted at the response to him posting a song  he is understandably proud of.  If anyone bothers to listen to the original they will note that the new productions is not that dissimilar.   It's really good, unlike some other people I'm  interested to hear how people's songs talents/creativity progress on this site.  

There's constructive criticism and then there's just plain rudeness and to those people I say

F*** off

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:13:18 PM by flossie »

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »
The last I looked, the name of this forum is "Feedback on Finished Songs"
I provided feedback - and I was told FB was not really wanted.
Paul

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 01:41:15 PM »
The last I looked, the name of this forum is "Feedback on Finished Songs"
I provided feedback - and I was told FB was not really wanted.
Paul

Yes that`s true, and i should have made that clear so i concede that point.
I suppose i was not expecting negative replies..there you go lesson learned..you can FB my next one all you like.

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »
So now according to Paul we must not post finished songs if they sound too finished???? Don't want to risk accusations of self-promotion!!!

I guess in future it's worth posting the original version -  it's really interesting to see how songs change and progress. I think it's clear that you were looking for a bit of support, you are an active contributor to the forum and deserve that at the very least but never mind! 

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
..you can FB my next one all you like.
meh - think I'll pass..

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »
Oh grow up Paul 

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
stc i gave you a negative review bcos i was cross with you for talking down to people & wanted to deflate your ego ok
i also cant stand overproduced music & i cant stand country ... so overproduced country is eeuuurgh
i did say your lyrics were good!
i dont know why you had to bring your mum with you  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »
That's really helpful Tina!

torgny_n

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
Hello

I really like this song! I'm a bit of a country closet fan myself so this fits me perfect.
I can see Brad Paisley doing this on stage.  :)

The song's got all of what "new" country needs.

In this case I'm not really interessted in what the lyrics says as long as the song gets me in the mood to mow the lawn shirtless in a pair of Levi's drinking a beer! And it does!

Good job!  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:21:40 PM by torgny_n »

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »
Hello

I really like this song! I'm a bit of a country closet myself so this fits me perfect.
I can see Brad Paisley doing this on stage.  :)

The song's got all of what "new" country needs.

In this case I'm not really interessted in what the lyrics says as long as the song gets me in the mood to mow the lawn shirtless in a pair of Levi's drinking a beer! And it does!
Good job!  

Cheers dude,,i just followed you on the cloud!

Also i need to add theres a lot of Sevla(Gary) in this version..!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 06:55:26 PM by songsthatcry »

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
I can hear this featuring on the soundtrack of the "Nashville" TV series which I'm addicted to. It's modern, polished country which to be honest, isn't really country at all; it's soft rock with a country accent. It does what it does on the tin and it's a very accomplished piece of work. If it was mine, I'd be proud of achieving what I'd set out to do.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »
Paul - it's not your place to decide whether or not someone can post their song on my forum. Please keep your attitude in check. Just because STC didn't find much value in your critique doesn't mean you should have a grump.

Flossie.... I know you're upset and defending your friend, which is admirable, but please don't tell people to feck off.

Can't we all just have a cuddle and get along?
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
Great drive time track!

Lyrics are great, and you did a great job with Sevla structuring it all with the music. Not sure i would have picked out "American Cars" as the hook line - it doesn't make me feel any sense of connection or aspiration or make me sing along with a satisfied smile on my face. But I'm not american and i'm not into cars, so it's no wonder really! I'm sure it will get a lot of US listeners singing along - i can imagine if i had ever been on a road trip across the states, this song would take me back there......probably it'll do that for lots of people who have actually done that!

I love the rest of the lyrics - the verses are the favourites for me, like

cos I’m lookin for love, with a fast lane heart
you’re a turning wheel, from a standing start
and I love  the feel, when you take  me apart
it was so damn fast, it was off the charts

It all works great. Nice work, wish you success with this.