Watch, if you aspire to succeed!

• 56 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 11:52:34 PM »
stc i think you want to watch a bit how you are coming across since youve paid money for these pro demos & entered N ville bcos you are coming over a bit big headed like youve left us all behind....
the way your arguing so superior  with benjo is not helping or being derogatry to women

Your quite funny Tina ::)....First of all what i said about women was nothing derogatory , and you know it....Benjo got the inferiority  complex all by himself......

The rest of your sermon,,,well i had this 10 days ago,,i anticipated a sort of a....`you paid for it` reaction and the fact is the studio both times had pretty good demo`s to work from! if the songs were intrinsically bad, they would be ,well produced `bad songs` but there not are they.

I guess this the difference between the US and old Blighty...one is supportive and the other wants to drag you down.....maybe i am good at this game...even if i'm going after certain markets and paying for it,,,,if a star writer(and i'm not including myself ,so calm down) joined this forum,,we would all be licking their boots,for want of another expression,,but the point is made.....i am opinionated to a point ,when i think i'm right..but i also have a lot of humility.. ;)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »
You can litter your post with smilies, but it doesn't change your tone of voice. You're coming across as somewhat passive-aggressive STC.

Don't make me babysit your ass.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »
You can litter your post with smilies, but it doesn't change your tone of voice. You're coming across as somewhat passive-aggressive STC.

Don't make me babysit your ass.

Hmm.then what's the point of smilies if not to dilute frustration :)

Yes passive/aggressive about describes me....

Anyway,,we all disseminate information in different ways ...to some it`s confusion ,to others a code......so i will say no more on this thread...for fear i will be banished to the land of Kafla,,where ever that is.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
:)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
Please everyone have a look at stc's twitter page - he is blunt dry and to the point, we are all different!

I am going to defend him again, he is a nice person but I think words in print are often not able to be delivered the same way as the spoken word and smiley's are not up to the job of delivering a wry smile or a sarcastic tone and therefore stuff can be misinterpreted. 

Btw I am not offended by his comment about women, I am a bit of a feminist my ancestor is Emmeline Pankhurst for chrisssake!!!! He is just joking  ;D

But then humour is not allowed here either it seems. :-\

Depressing.

Glad I haven't posted any of my new music now.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »
Flossie :( Sorry you feel that way.

It's difficult for me - on the one hand when I step back and let people sort out their own differences I am accused of allowing people to do/say anything regardless of how appropriate it is.

On the other when I step in I probably look like an autocrat with a bad attitude.

For the record, I never for one minute thought STC or Benjo are bad people. Just trying to keep a peaceful forum and stop a trivial disagreement from getting out of hand.

The reason STC got the brunt of it is because Benjo stopped posting.

So I apologise if I seemed harsh or one-sided; I didn't intend to be. Just looking out for the forum is all :)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2014, 02:57:46 PM »
honestly flossie it makes me wonder if youve actualy read this thread from the start
ive known stc since he came here & i know hes blunt & humourless & i also know that lateley hes come  across as arrogant ....the way hes been talking down to benjo who is one of the nicest guys here ...& i didnt like it at all so i told him what i thought & why i thought it was !
i admire you both trying to be successful at songwriting & spending money on it & ive said it here before but if stc thinks that makes him superior to others here & a know it all then hes going to upset  a people
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »
Oh Tone I love you!! Sorry Mrs Tone, only in a purely platonic way!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you for looking out for the forum and please don't apologise, I'm just generally annoyed at some of the attitudes from a few people on the forum at the moment. It's making it an unfriendly place to be, I don't want to be scrutinised and judged but I feel that there is a bit of that going on and it is putting me off.

It's not encouraging or friendly.

I've read it Tina it's just his tone of voice we all have one don't we?

Saying he is humourless is not very nice  ::)  and not true.

Stc's fine both of you have a turn of phrase that can upset people but I honestly think that both of you don't meant to upset anyone and there's no malice!  There is no ego, just strong opinions!

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »
honestly flossie it makes me wonder if youve actualy read this thread from the start
ive known stc since he came here & i know hes blunt & humourless & i also know that lateley hes come  across as arrogant ....the way hes been talking down to benjo who is one of the nicest guys here ...& i didnt like it at all so i told him what i thought & why i thought it was !
i admire you both trying to be successful at songwriting & spending money on it & ive said it here before but if stc thinks that makes him superior to others here & a know it all then hes going to upset  a people

I take umbrage with these aspersions against my good name and character and  strongly protest my innocence , i'm nothing if not full of  jollity and  mirth .   ;)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2014, 03:29:33 PM »
Ha ha!!!  ;D ;D ;D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 03:31:32 PM »
From an observer's point of view I would say I can see why Tina formed that opinion STC. From what you've said later in this thread I'm sure it's unintentional. But the internet is terrible when it comes to conveying your own tone of voice. Sometimes we don't know how we come across until someone tells us.
Similarly, I would say the same to Benjo - and actually loads of people here, but only when they get into a disagreement.

Christ - I'm probably guilty of the same, and y'all should tell me if I am :p

So, I hope I haven't killed the conversation - despite the mild tension in this thread, I still think it's one of the best ones we've had for a while. Definitely quite thought-provoking :)

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »

sorry for missing out on all this
 I had to be up very early this morning so went to bed
 but just got in after a long day and same stuff

I'd say yes I agree that STC is straight talking
 and if im honest I've always got on with him
 that's why I was so shocked when he spat the dummy out
 and came across not only as tina rightly said childish and spoilt
 but very arrogant just because I didn't agree with him

but I can also be straight talking when need be
 and will never be bullied into something by anyone
 now I noticed last night before I went off,   that STC has a new song on forum
 American cars,  now considering all the twaddle you gave me about not liking this guy
 or believing him that song doesn't seem to be about women or for women

but any way I'm also the type of guy who once I've had my say that's that
 don't hold a grudge so for me as I did say on the thread at one point its just
 good old banter and if I'm honest I enjoyed it so before I go i'll just say

TINA YOU'RE SPECIAL LIKE MY BIG SIS

STC,  NO HARD FEELINGS,  TAKE CARE ALL...