Gift horses....mouths....?!?

• 37 Replies

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 09:26:36 PM »
Awww little feet! No this certainly didn't have you as a target when i wrote this..... Not sure about the thread title and your lyric....any resemblance is unintended and coincidental!

I think we all join these things because we're looking for feedback. I'm sure the reason i joined was as selfish as the next person... But it's what you do when you get here that counts, and I'm pretty sure I've seen you getting involved... So you're already a good'un in my book.  ;D  And I'm definitely sure you haven't been flooding the forum...so no, you're just fine...

And hey if you're going to get even more involved, so much the better! Score!

It's not realistic to expect everyone to review every other post all the time - it's just the give and take thing that i wanted to advocate.

So you're just fine as far as I'm concerned!  ;D

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »
Ps can i have a hug? I've got 6 hours of exams in the next 2 days and I'm pretty sure it's all going to be hideous......

Just a hug mind. No kisses, licks or any of that funny business  :o

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
becky you must be realy clever with all this studying...you always seem to be studying it whatever it is... & it must be realy enormous to take that amount of studying! is it a planet
anyway as you can see from my avatar im better at licks than hugs ...so i hope you lick them exams :)
good luck
xx
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Dogmax

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 11:44:51 PM »
Ps can i have a hug? I've got 6 hours of exams in the next 2 days and I'm pretty sure it's all going to be hideous......

Just a hug mind. No kisses, licks or any of that funny business  :o

Becky you got a HUG.

Now feck off the rest of yous   8) 

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 07:30:32 AM »
I WANT TO HUG CACO! *big Auntie Jess hugs*

In May I have to take my Science GCSEs a year early ( :o) so I feel your pain re exams and revision... :'( :'(
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
Thank you auntie! I'll be feeling your pain in May in return!  ;)

Yayyyyyyyyyy I'm done. Until the next time.

Jess, they never end!! Honestly, you think you're all done with exams and then somehow out of nowhere a bunch more jump up and sock you one right on the nose. But on the upside, they all take you somewhere i guess..... Today GCSE science, tomorrow the world!!  ;D

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »
I discovered there is as much to gain analysing another's work sufficiently to give relevant feedback as there is gaining feedback on your own efforts.
Having said that I have had invaluable feedback on here and learned loads really quickly as a result.

Btw: apologies for my recent low activity level (note to self to readjust work/life/music balance)
GTB
GTB

Dogmax

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 08:35:58 PM »
First of all this is just my own opinion on all of this but for me the whole idea of songwriter forums is to encourage people to post their work and hopefully gain confidence in themselves in such a way that they feel comfortable within the forum, posting reviews is okay if the individual feels that he or she can give some sort of critique in areas that the poster is asking for reviews on or even any form of reviews at all but for someone who is starting off at lease give them time.

Its like when you start a new job it take time to gain the confidence to feel comfortable and the same can be said for here, so i say to anyone out there who only want to post their work then post them and then after maybe three or four or more then just give them hints of reminders about give and take in areas of reviews.

As for members who are well pass the introduction stage speaking for meself i took a break from songwriting in 2001 till 2012 reason, it became like a roundabout.

But then when i decided to rejoin this wonderful journey i found songwriters forums like this one so thanks Tone and everyone else who started songwriters forums from all parts of the world, really encouraging.