konalavadome

The written word!

• 34 Replies

B4N3M4N

• Busker
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
How would i be qualified to do this, if i am myself an amateur regarding how a lyric really is supposed to be constructed and performed?

Just give your honest opinion :)

No, i am not qualified enough! I don´t have the credentials.

If i would do that as an amateur, i would mislead the person ( maybe another amateur ).

But...i could refer to this article i found: http://songwriter101.com/articles/entry/10_foolproof_ways_to_critique_your_own_songs .

Homeless Recluse

• Open Mic
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 06:31:31 PM »
How would i be qualified to do this, if i am myself an amateur regarding how a lyric really is supposed to be constructed and performed?

If i would do that as an amateur, i would mislead the person ( maybe another amateur ).

But...i could refer to this article i found: http://songwriter101.com/articles/entry/10_foolproof_ways_to_critique_your_own_songs .

It's just an opinion you're giving not a medical diagnosis!
You must agree with the article or you wouldn't have posted it so you are indirectly giving your opinion. Opinion by proxy?

Seriously though giving feedback is kinda expected if you wanna be taken seriously and if you want an opinion expressed about your stuff. :)

B4N3M4N

• Busker
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »

It's just an opinion you're giving not a medical diagnosis!
You must agree with the article or you wouldn't have posted it so you are indirectly giving your opinion. Opinion by proxy?

Seriously though giving feedback is kinda expected if you wanna be taken seriously and if you want an opinion expressed about your stuff. :)

My own stuff is of no real concern to me, since i am more loooking for a possible collaboration with an already qualified craftsman ( man or woman ).

I could give my opinion about a text, but it would be purely subjective and i would probably only look at context and grammar. My feedback would be more literary then musical and a lyric is supposed to be a musical work at the end. Still...that is what my feedback would be then!

I will try give feedback some day...before i post any more of my own lyrics and in the right section this time.

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 08:26:46 PM »

Blimey, this must be the loooooooooooooongest intro thread EVER!

Well, welcome!

I hope you find co-collaborators and anything else that you may be looking for here.

If you want to find someone to collaborate with, you're going to need to listen to other people's stuff to find what you like, and you're going to need to let the rest of us listen to your stuff so that people here can decide whether they want to work with you. It won't happen unless you start involving yourself in the forum.

It's a give-and-take kind of a place!

I remember when i first joined, in my intro i said something about feeling i wasn't sure whether i was knowledgeable enough to comment on other people's work. I realise now how ludicrous that was. As if you need to pass professional exams in opinion-giving in order to have something valid to say on a subjective matter. The very fact that it is subjective means that no-one is any better or worse qualified than anyone else. It's just a personal opinion - no-one's going to take it as gospel, and no-one's going to sue anyone for malpractice if they don't agree!!

Besides, as homeless recluse said, it's fairly essential to give feedback if you want to get anything out of being here.

And so, like Alan said...... Time to stop posting here and start getting into the rest of the forum!

I hope you enjoy being part of the forum.

influence

• Busker
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »
Hi Everyone

Check this out. Dee Dee Kaye the dance diva and here new single ft: Mc Neat "Step Into My Life" Location X Records produced by The Next Room.

Please let me know what you think and please spread the word.
www.deedeekaye.co.uk