konalavadome

I'm Only Me -STYLUS Work in progress NEW

• 18 Replies

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« on: December 15, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »

Heres a track I've been working on   as yet not officially titled 

I have temporary  called it  :  I'm only me ( temporary ) For soundcloud ...................

Please let me know what you think.........?            Thank You

https://soundcloud.com/stylus-barot/im-only-me-work-in-progress   

A VERY MERRY & HAPPY XMAS  To YOU ALL      Stylus  :)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
I like it a lot.  It's the sort of instrumental that a LOT of different vocal treatments could be made to work with.  I'm looking forward to hearing what you and your collaborator come up with.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:51 PM »
A real cool feel to this, i have listen to it a few time lovely guitar playing im getting a picture of driving around some exotic island has that Jame Bond feel about it.

This is one really cool instrumental with that lay back feel to it, as it is definitely Movie soundtrack feel as well.

Agree with Verlon lots of different vocal treatments could be made to work with this but its really great as it is, what your plans on this anyway Mate.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
Hi  Verlon

Yes This is a backing track which would allow the vocalist to variate & meander across the structure of the song. The lead guitar(clean) is just there temporarily & is a basic guide as to how it could be interpreted. That will be removed of course.
            Yes  I'm looking forward to development on this project  Thanx'z Verlon Yer a Star :)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
A real cool feel to this, i have listen to it a few time lovely guitar playing im getting a picture of driving around some exotic island has that Jame Bond feel about it.

This is one really cool instrumental with that lay back feel to it, as it is definitely Movie soundtrack feel as well.

Agree with Verlon lots of different vocal treatments could be made to work with this but its really great as it is, what your plans on this anyway Mate.

Pat undeniably great support & encouragement coming from a great friend & fellow person of artistic integrity. I hope some day to be driving around on some exotic island in a supercar!  ;D
            I  compose  sometimes in a no-frillz  quick  bang it out! kind of way (as in: YOU) or I will
take a bit more care &  try & justify what I've done.  This one has care,time & it is for the collaboration....so I have to do my best.
                plans on this   is to collaborate &  produce a track/song which will  be of pride in the catalogue of
both collaborators. To have  a good demo  which can be  part of future projection & promotion.
             Hopefully  I will be making a video for this again it will have time spent on it unlike (Its Xmas) ;D

I  cannot yet announce The very special artiste  who is the ideal choice for this collaboration as their
bouncers & legal team are on my back & I can only announce this as the song is completed & ready.
              Trust me this vocalist is talent personified &  it is a privilage that this artiste is even considering collaborating  with me.....
                                      Thank You  Pat      Mine'z  Shaken not stirred ;D ;D ;D  STYLUS :)

Dogmax

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:16:03 PM »

Pat undeniably great support & encouragement coming from a great friend & fellow person of artistic integrity. I hope some day to be driving around on some exotic island in a supercar!  ;D
            I  compose  sometimes in a no-frillz  quick  bang it out! kind of way (as in: YOU) or I will
take a bit more care &  try & justify what I've done.  This one has care,time & it is for the collaboration....so I have to do my best.
                plans on this   is to collaborate &  produce a track/song which will  be of pride in the catalogue of
both collaborators. To have  a good demo  which can be  part of future projection & promotion.
             Hopefully  I will be making a video for this again it will have time spent on it unlike (Its Xmas) ;D

I  cannot yet announce The very special artiste  who is the ideal choice for this collaboration as their
bouncers & legal team are on my back & I can only announce this as the song is completed & ready.
              Trust me this vocalist is talent personified &  it is a privilage that this artiste is even considering collaborating  with me.....
                                      Thank You  Pat      Mine'z  Shaken not stirred ;D ;D ;D  STYLUS :)

Magic Mate cant wait to hear it, Shaken not stirred Haha  ;D

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »

I certainly hope to earn some  Moneypennies   from thiz!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Homeless Recluse

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
A great track Stylus. 8)
Your stuff is always so uplifting.

Nice guitar work bud love the call and response between the different instruments, ...loads going on in this!

Looking forward to hearing the vocal :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
First of all you are not only you...... You are a composite of the energy fields of several nations ;). Plenty of mr Santana going on here. Nice guitar tones me old china ;D.
Cheerszzzzzzzzz
Jamie

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
oooh cant wait to find out who the mystery singer will be !!  its not richard gere then? ;D
it does sound good stylus...like it could be a great song with a bit of love & care & be big
& you could afford all the chai you desire & ride around in a giant teapot with a spoiler & sunroof  ;D
some great guitar playing...you are a fine rhythym player aswell you know... aswell as lead
& the keys were also  triffic i thought.....so make sure you give it the right words & the right  singer ! :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »
A great track Stylus. 8)
Your stuff is always so uplifting.

Nice guitar work bud love the call and response between the different instruments, ...loads going on in this!

Looking forward to hearing the vocal :)
   Ello  HR  This track on........Its  get in gear & try & do some good stuff.... I am gradually getting a form or style  identity....Its been 3-4 years since I began composing & I've learnt along the way. Playing instruments is the easy bit.....I used to be on stage most of my time before DJ-in  doing live music  &  thats where  you learn soooo  much...being in front of audiences.

Thanx'z  HR Very Kind.. Happy Xmas   & Nu Year  :)   Stylus

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 10:11:51 PM »
First of all you are not only you...... You are a composite of the energy fields of several nations ;). Plenty of mr Santana going on here. Nice guitar tones me old china ;D.
Cheerszzzzzzzzz
Jamie
   Jamieeeeeeeeee!  How darn yew  call me  A  compost Heap!   ::) >:( ;D 8)

I'm gonna call yew Oliver  or  olive even  ;D ;D ;D  I am only me?  or I'm only me  oieeee!
 1ST Compost  now  I am numourous fields from seven nations Rice field,paddy field,Huddersfield,field ma stomach wid bacon, field ma car wid oil, Howard yew field if you was som1 else? Field free to help yerself to a drink?  ;D ;D ;D 
            & then he calls me  SANTA ????     Cheerz ma lovli Korea  ;D ;D ;D

Thanx'z  bud  Have a Great Xmas & Nu Year    Stylus :)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »
oooh cant wait to find out who the mystery singer will be !!  its not richard gere then? ;D
it does sound good stylus...like it could be a great song with a bit of love & care & be big
& you could afford all the chai you desire & ride around in a giant teapot with a spoiler & sunroof  ;D
some great guitar playing...you are a fine rhythym player aswell you know... aswell as lead
& the keys were also  triffic i thought.....so make sure you give it the right words & the right  singer ! :)
   Ha,ha,ha Richard the turd  ;D Yea I banged his mug in soundcloud as It asked for a 'TITLE'
& I hadnt got one!   Anyway I was toying with some lyrics as track was playing & trust me They
pierced into me....but they wont be used... I'm only me......will be altered.
          I  am looking forwards to this  as it will be my 1ST Collaboration on here.......
  I did collaborate to some degree with a pal/mate on here non other than Dogmax but it mutally remains incomplete....
                Also  This is A Start to resolving sound/mix issues from the past & A new start .....
I need to concentrate & when I first got the core of this.....I called it Epic by way of discription
& I hope it is o.k                               Thanx'z  Tinz    HAPPY XMAS & NEW YEAR   :)

nrand

• Busker
    • AllSingTogether
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:30 PM »
I really like the soundtrack Stylus. Being human its hard not to try and compare music with what we already know, but I was thinking if Teddy Pendergrass were alive transported from the 80s to now [very updated evolution of a similar style] He would probably do something very interesting with this.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 11:09:54 PM »

Thanx'z for the listen  nrand  wow!  Teddy pendergrass  soulman  another now dead ( well he's been dead a long time....so  still dead bloke who would do  something great is Marvin Gaye...alas this ones going to be a female vocalist ( very much alive) &  I am absolutely looking forwards to combining
the music  &  hearing the end result......

Happy xmas  bud  Appreciated      Stylus :)