konalavadome

XMAS COMP My Christmas Dream

• 47 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
All the excellent musicians here are remarking about the specific achievements in you arrangement that I'm not musician enough to even hear or notice.

But man I know I love that piano work.  And the vocal is very well done.  Nice song.
Thanks for the comps on the song Verlon.
I played 4 different versions of that bridge on piano and my wife picked out that one as her favourite.
Best
Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »
A very lovely Xmas song indeed Paul...you nailed it it every aspect IMO:)
nostalgically sentimental both lyrically and melodically  :) lovely vocals/harmonies, piano and backing track :)
great production as well...what can I say...it's a winner :) :) CS

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
A very lovely Xmas song indeed Paul...you nailed it it every aspect IMO:)
nostalgically sentimental both lyrically and melodically  :) lovely vocals/harmonies, piano and backing track :)
great production as well...what can I say...it's a winner :) :) CS
Thank you CS - glad you liked it.
There's some stiff competition though!
Best
Paul

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »
Hi Paulski,

really good Christmas song. I thought it wouldn't go amiss if sung by Bing Crosby, showing my age.

diadem

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 04:31:43 PM »
Tinam is right - classic crooners or maybe even country Christmas song. It's a very impressive job and I really enjoyed it in a certain ironic way. Great, rich vocals and confident singing and playing. I can't hear anything to criticise.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 11:18:15 PM »
Hi Paulski,

really good Christmas song. I thought it wouldn't go amiss if sung by Bing Crosby, showing my age.

diadem
Thanks diadem - I guess I show my age a bit in this too.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »
Tinam is right - classic crooners or maybe even country Christmas song. It's a very impressive job and I really enjoyed it in a certain ironic way. Great, rich vocals and confident singing and playing. I can't hear anything to criticise.
Thank you montydog - yeah a bit of pathos at the end there. Oh well xmas can be a bit sentimental..
appreciate the kind words!
Paul

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
I can just picture this one being sung on one of those big Xmas TV spectaculars....Andy Williams maybe.

Excellent.
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »
I can just picture this one being sung on one of those big Xmas TV spectaculars....Andy Williams maybe.

Excellent.
Thank you so much mihkay. Yeah - Andy Williams - wish I had his smooth voice  :)
Thanks for listening!
Paul

Dogmax

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »
This is great, i can see you and everyone else on this popping up on TV on christmas day, all wearing your lovely christmas jumpers singing this  ;D  really enjoy that.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »
This is great, i can see you and everyone else on this popping up on TV on christmas day, all wearing your lovely christmas jumpers singing this  ;D  really enjoy that.
Thanks Dogmax - I googled "jumper" and I guess it's what we Cannucks call a sweater. And yeah, and we sure need one this time of year!
Thanks for the comments.
Paul

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 10:41:09 PM »
Wow! It's like every old fashioned schmaltzy christmas song ever written just got reincarnated into one amazing all-encompassing piece of christmasness... Amazing if you like that sort of thing; still amazing if you don't. So yeah, pretty amazing really. Are you playing host to the ghost of Irving Berlin perchance?

Endureth

• Busker
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 06:10:11 AM »
Very good job!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »
Wow! It's like every old fashioned schmaltzy christmas song ever written just got reincarnated into one amazing all-encompassing piece of christmasness... Amazing if you like that sort of thing; still amazing if you don't. So yeah, pretty amazing really. Are you playing host to the ghost of Irving Berlin perchance?
Thanks you caco - no it's the ghost of xmas past! - appreciate the kind remarks. That was my goal - make it as Christmassy as possible with loads of decorations and sweets (but hopefully not TOO sacharine..)
cheers!
Paul

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

fantastic showstopping number as all the cast return to the stage for the final bows
exciting hearing it build
the bridge pause is very theatrical and whole thing sounds like a stage/tv spectacular
..its terrific
applause
applause
great stuff   
this could be the winner

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1