konalavadome

Al from Edinburgh - songwriter producer looking for new country lyrics

• 5 Replies

Al James Productions

• Busker
    • Al James Songwriter / Producer
« on: November 26, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »
Hi everyone,   I'm a songwriter producer living in Edinburgh.   I'm working on a project that will deliver finished songs to my Nashville contact base.  

I am looking for suitable lyrics in the 'new country' genre (Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney etc.) so if you have any, please can you email them over to me and we can make something great together.

Cheers
Al

www.aljamesproductions.com

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
Hi Al,

welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing your songs,

diadem

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
Hi Al

Welcome to the forum mate :) You may find you get a better response if you post in the collaborations forum. But while you're here, why not take a minute to tell us a little about yourself?

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Al James Productions

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »
Hi Tone.  Ye that's a good shout mate thanks for that tip too, I will post something on that other forum later on today. 

So more about myself.   I'm mostly producing and writing although I still pitch in with the odd vocal harmony.    I love listening to country music more than any other genre and would love to delve into creating as much pitchable high quality material as possible during 2014. 

I have a studio here in Edinburgh that is high spec and access to some great musicians.   Remote recording via internet is also an option.   So I have some songs already on my website you can take a listen to at www.aljamesproductions.com.     I have an active facebook page too which feel free to 'like' :)

Hope to chat to some of the forum members in the coming weeks and delighted to have already heard from a couple. 

Cheers
Al

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »
Hi Al,

actually I don't do country - but then, Craig, one of my partners, manages to create country tunes to my lyrics, so maybe I'm not that far off? I checked a few lyrics from the guys you mention - who I didn't know. Well, I can do relationship stuff, I have a whole 'carpe diem' collection, yet - as far as I remember - I only wrote one 'typical' country text ("on the road"). You won't find bull riding or honky tonks in my lyrics.

I will publish my complete lyrics collection (proof read, modified, rewritten) in a couple of days. But you can check out my site before that, of course, to see, if a collab might make sense:
http://bernd-harmsen.de

Cheers,
Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

Al James Productions

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »
Hey Bernd. Thanks a lot for your reply.   

I shall check out your lyrics later and come back to you if anything strikes me creatively for music.

All the best

Al