konalavadome

A Mothers Son

• 19 Replies

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »
I'm not that critical of the lyric really. It just needs some cutting and editing. There's some unneeded stuff there.

The music, for me, put me straight in the scene if 'A Fistful Of Dollars' where they're stood in the circle at the end staring each other out and getting ready to kill each other!?

Back burner - yes

Bin - definitely not.

Alan.

Homeless Recluse

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
I love the music peppermint, it hit's you in the guts, and is very emotive. It gives me a feeling of being lost or adrift, somehow.
The lyrics are hard to judge without hearing them being sang.

It's a difficult subject to write about and I tend to agree with caco, they're maybe too direct for a song. They work as a poem though imo.

I REALLY like the music though.

Peppermint

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Alan and Homeless Recluse  :)

RyanHalsey

• Busker
  • Forum Official Drummer
    • Pro drum tracks online
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
Hey peppermint

Love the updated track on the soundcloud, its really dark and the way it slowly progresses is great. I see it more as an instrumental thing personally i love how its sparse with very subtle changes!

Ryan

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 06:06:03 PM »
The music sent a tingle down my spine I have to say - would love to hear the lyric on - even just as rough. Tough subject for you the composer and the audience - but valuable in many ways I am sure. Stick with it lots of potential - looking forward to hearing amore finished version. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying