konalavadome

Cat Fight Guitar Battle

• 16 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
i used to write songs.... now im not that interested in doing that & tend to try something a bit diffrent
ive got this wah wah pedal on my amp modeler ive never evr touched it....so one day i thought ok voodoo chile here we come & switched it on ...oh dear it sounded like cats fighting!! :D
 it was harder than i thought ...but then i had a idea & ended up with this
the left & right guitars are the alley cats fighting & the middle guitar at the start is the mc/ announcer
i realy like it but i cant imagine if other people would ....any suggestions how it could be better im a bit stuck with it :)

&feature=youtu.be
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »
tinam, why did you cut short the end? I liked it and wanted it to on.

It doesn't really sound like a cat fight more two cats preening themselves and eyeing each other up. You can try giving each cat a motif (a lick) and return to it every once in a while, to remind us which cat it is. In my head I hear a really slow lick after one of the fast ones, basically a is that all you've got response.

The end from 1:47 does sound like two cats fighting, maybe two different tones to separate the cats as well as the stereo separation would help.

Really liked the backing track.

Just my thoughts please ignore them, if you don't hear what I hear.

diadem

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »

hey tina

nice piece I like this could imagine two cats circling each other checking each other out
 didn't really get the thought of them fighting though
 but some great MEOWING in there,

loved the pic of the cats hanging on the ropes
 maybe to get that feel of fighting get the chords really scratching and screaming
 ear piercingly,

I did enjoy this well done can't wait to hear it on finished page 

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
Hi Tina,
            Love the duelling guitars 8), some really nice playing, and the cat fight is easy to imagine :o. It feels like an incomplete idea though. I can imagine it as a musical bridge in a song about a fighting couple, or some such scenario. Could be part of a good song. ;D
Cheers
Jamie

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:05:42 PM »
Thanks for listening & feedback ...im glad you all liked the music!
I wonder what youd have made of it if I hadnt tried to explain it?
The middle bit is realy a guitar battle/duel... I did try using very different guitar sounds but it didnt seem to flow so well ...& the start & end is the guitars cat fight....so its a cat fight guitar battle! ;D

I felt the guitars cat fight was discordant & so you cant have much of that... people like melody so then the guitars get melodic but your right that  sounds  more like them trading insults or bragging than fighting.....i dont know ….it has to be mostly melodic or it wont be listenable?
 do instrumentals stand up on there own?...they cant compete with songs so maybe i should forget it?

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »
Very impressed   Yew  Headbanger  yew!   ;D ;D ;D  some nice  licks ( ha,ha,ha,ha  pardon the  pun)
 good tones on guitar  & seems unfinished  but  appeals  in its form.  be good to do cat n mouse maybe?  High & low notes clash /conflict.
                         Guitar playin like that I need to stick to ma day job ( sleepin) Ha,ha,ha Nice!

stylus :) 

RyanHalsey

• Busker
  • Forum Official Drummer
    • Pro drum tracks online
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »
Hey Tina

As soon as i hit play i knew exactly what you meant!

But actually i quite enjoyed it listening through

Ryan

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 12:38:35 AM »

you got the catterwallng spot on there tina...like banshees shreiking outside in the garden, and the one thing cats are not is musical !
thing is your going for it right from the start and dont let up, think they should prowl and circle each other a little more , a little more menace each time and then bam...like only cats can
amazing gtr tina, thought the interplay was great but think maybe your letting it out the box too soon..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »
Good idea here.

Are the two guitars actually one guitar cutting from left to right?

Reason I ask is because they run into each other very well.

I think maybe some question/answer type riffing would work well (low riff/high riff) etc?

Good rockin guitarin Tina.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »
thanks for listening guys ...ok i have to admit this started as just me putting down a few chords & jamming along which i love to do & i realy liked it
 & then i did what i also like doing ...trying to make things be diffrent & original so i already had the embarressing wah wah thing & thought hmmm ...bad wah wah that sounds like cats fighting + guitar instrumental = cat fighting guitars... so i panned the guitar left & right to get 2 guitars & tried to change the sound of one & ended up with this! :)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »
Thanks for listening & feedback ...im glad you all liked the music!
I wonder what youd have made of it if I hadnt tried to explain it?
The middle bit is realy a guitar battle/duel... I did try using very different guitar sounds but it didnt seem to flow so well ...& the start & end is the guitars cat fight....so its a cat fight guitar battle! ;D

I felt the guitars cat fight was discordant & so you cant have much of that... people like melody so then the guitars get melodic but your right that  sounds  more like them trading insults or bragging than fighting.....i dont know ….it has to be mostly melodic or it wont be listenable?
 do instrumentals stand up on there own?...they cant compete with songs so maybe i should forget it?

I hope you don't forget it. I was left wanting more, not less.

diadem

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »
I don't know whether it was supposed to, but this had me laughing out loud! Probably because of the images your description put in my head while i was listening. I loved it. Honestly, I'm never gonna buy it on cd so's i can play it in the car going to work, but oh my god it's cool. I think i tend to love either stuff that i really totally "get" or stuff i have no hope of getting and it just blows my mind and amazes me that someone else could do it!

I love the idea (think it was diadem's?) of this being the cats prowling around each other, sizing each other up, and you should build it into an almighty cat scrap just at the end, clashing right in the middle.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 03:19:49 AM »
If you hadn't given the scenario, I'd have been thinking...."man this would really take lyric easily." 

But the lyric I would come up with would not likely be compatible with the catfight motif. 

That isn't what it evoked to me.  I'd have never thought of cats. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Homeless Recluse

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 12:25:30 PM »
This is like something that Vai would do. Some nice 'licks' tina

Get it??!... Cat's??.. licks??? ;D

I'll get me coat  :-[

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 06:19:17 PM »
Fun and technically precise. I wish I could play the guitar like that! BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying