habiTat - Live in the loft 15/11/13

• 9 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: November 15, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
Hello,

I recorded my open mic thingy a few weeks back, I'm not too happy with it now but there you go.

I hope you like it.

The Lights -

Little Lights (Christmas song) -

Hello Moon -

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »
Good to put a face to that wonderful voice.

I thought you had a warm, friendly manner and I was "on your side" straight away.

Super guitar playing and singing. I would have preferred to have you looking at the camera rather than a profile - it's easier to engage with the performance.

The Lights is a first class song, Little Lights has a wonderful, yearning quality which is perfectly complemented by the little guitar and again beautifully sung and played.

Hello Moon is another gorgeous song which is clearly written from the heart - very moving indeed.

Thanks for posting your performances, John. I found it very inspirational.

M

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »
"The Loft Box" is looking great!

The Lights

Absolutely LOVE this track - your voice is pretty spectacular on this track IMHO

There were some nice "modern" melodies inter-twined with the folky style that I liked a lot

The Little Lights

Really nice - I didn't get much of a Christmassy vibe from the track though

Hello Moon

Gorgeous track - I love the section that starts "she pointed..."

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
Nice set of three tunes,,in your wandering minstrel and mystic folk style!
Does look a bit cosy up there,must knock your guitar sometimes? ;)

I will try and do this when i can...i am in a studio in dec, around the 18th,,might try and do something there...cos i`m away working at the moment and it would be tricky.

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 10:40:43 PM »
Firstly..... Great tunes dude. :)

Nice to see the Box in the attic live and great to hear your voice, which I think is excellent, with pictures.  ;D

Here's to many more......

Mihkay
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:58:50 PM »
Thankyou chaps,

I'm feeling a bit disillusioned with the whole thing at the mo so it's nice to get some good comments.

@STC, yes, I do knock the guitar quite a bit, fortunately the walls are quite soft  :D

@Boydie, thanks for the comments on the vocal, I try really hard vocally but I think I'm a bit of a marmite voice for some people.   :-\

@Monty, thanks, I'm glad you're on my side  :) I feel a little awkward looking directly at the camera though while singing, I worry it'll be cheesy, like Manilow or something  :D

Thanks again

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:57:07 AM »
really enjoyed that hab..you come across very natural
my favourite is the first song, the lights...kind of soul/folk or folkysoul...moves from one to other and you sing it so well really good arrangmnt and percussive richie havens slap on the gtr, can imagine more perc and a bass behind it, chorus is quite soulful as opposed to the kind of traditional folk verses...thats what i must have meant by soulfolk !
nice melody in little lights, reminds of leonard cohen in the gtr dept and some of your phrasing be it in a higher register..helium to cohens boots !..
hello moon felt a little disjointed or something in the performance, but i like the song anyway, i got into the scene you painted when you explained it a while back..

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
Sorry, but I'm just catching up after a very busy time.

I enjoyed all three songs. I'm impressed. I liked all three songs but for me, The Lights, was the best.

diadem

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Hi HabiTat :) I loved every minute of all three songs :) they are all very lulling and made me feel very peaceful :) you came across very comfortable with a touch of vulnerability, and as Monty said  'had me on your side' right away :) 
your voice is as wonderful live as it is in your recordings, as is your guitar playing :) I love your little loft...I guess that's where you do your recording :)

thank you for a lovely Friday night live performance  :) :) CS

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »
Sorry to take so long to get to this...... But.....

Well done! Your performance of The Light was amazing. You had to be spot on to make that work so well and you nailed it. If only your loft box were a fur-draped ramshackle shed in a snowy Norwegian wood!  ;D

Little Lights is perrrrfect too, very simon and garf... right up my street. I'd love to sing that!

And Hello Moon...so sweet!! And what beautiful guitar playing!

Enjoy your trip to the aurora! (Hope you sing to the dancing lights!!)