God 'elp us

• 6 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 13, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/god-elp-us

I wrote this song recently, and I recorded it as my first instrumental recording. It's a prog rockers song, with the theme shouting out for Hammond organ/moog treatment, but with some strat in there for good measure. There's a nice guitar break near the end (though I say so myself ;) ;D :o).
Hope you like it, it makes me smile :D.
Cheers
Jamie

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
Listened last night, then again this morning.  This is real "anthemic" (root word "anthem")  It would easily take a lyric.  Real nicely written in my opinion. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 05:52:30 AM »
Your good you are, sounded very dated, I think you should call it, "The 70's??" Enjoyed very much. Terry.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback, as always it's appreciated. It was written (if I say so in a very humble way, to emulate Emerson ,Lake and Palmer who were a great 70's band), and this (to my ear at least) is an attempt to emulate them. It was great fun to do to ;D ;D ;D
It's nice not to feel too tied to a style or period, and for me any kind of musicianship, or writing skill is a blessing! It could have had a lyric, but I specifically set out to do something different. I wanted to crash as much into the 3 mins as possible. Although I could never try to aspire to the talent of the guys in ELP.

Cheers guys

Jamie

Homeless Recluse

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Great keyboard sound bud....needs more guitar though! ;D

Love the ending

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »
i got emerson lake & palmer straight away... omg i hated them... my brother loved them & rush ...
i usualy had to leave the room...anyway as far as  prog rock goes it sounded very good & a dead ringer for what used to come out of my brothers bedroom all night ...till he discovered girls ;D
nice guitar break at the end but wished that was longer
what do you want feedback about? are you trying to improve it? & turn it into to a triple concept album with orchestra & gatefold lyric booklet ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »
Hi Tinam,
             I don't really think I  was looking for feedback on this as a developmental issue, as it's clearly not a current vibe, but it was a kind of homage to great musicianship. It clearly was a 70's thing, but never the less was great playing. I just wanted to see if I could create an authentic elp sound! It's a homage to superlative musicianship. If I've done that then my work on this is complete ;D ;D.
Cheers
Jamie