ANY OLD ANGEL

• 19 Replies

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 05:58:40 PM »
I really enjoyed the melody and the sentiment in this - it really has a huge potential. I would love to hear this stripped to its bear bones. Simple backing - piano maybe and your voice which it great. Run a musical iron over the changing rhythms - they don't really work for me, seem a little elastic? Perhaps a change in the chorus a little and more consistency in the verses, as a listener I was a little lost at times. But overall - should be a really cracking little song with an excellent 'ear worm' in there. I look forward very much to hearing a more finished version. Good luck for the future. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
Thank you so much to everyone here.  The encouragement alone is a wonderful gift.  Then, Montydog has agreed to provide an improved accompaniment and cover the song.  YAHOO. 

There is a slightly improved version now on my site - more acoustic as per a suggestion from Nooms.

I"m having so much fun here that it's almost criminal.  I love this forum.

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »
Hi Verlon.
 This creates an odd scenario in my mind, where the man's prostitutes have all been persuaded they are actually his ex-wife, and they keep telling him this, but he won't believe them.

I have a little time now.  I mentioned that your "take on this" was different than my own.  Now I want to point out ahead of time that just because I wrote it doesn't mean that my perceptions regarding what it means are more valid than anyone elses.  In fact, it's my opinion that the LISTENER'S perceptions and perspectives are the most valid perspectives.

That said.... when I was writing this, I never envisioned the "angels" as prostitutes.  My perception writing it was that there was no shortage of "old angels" who were as desperate (for reasons of their own) to NOT BE ALONE that our protagonist simply had no problem hooking up with "compatibly dysfunctional" personalities. 

And again.... my perspective is worth no more (and probably less imo) than the listener's perspecctive.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 06:39:47 AM »
Hi Vernon,
I've left a message on your Reverbnation site. Send me the songs when you're ready.
Regards
Montydog

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 03:10:45 AM »
Hi Vernon,
I've left a message on your Reverbnation site. Send me the songs when you're ready.
Regards
Montydog

Just sent you most of what I think you need.  Hope it works.  You've got mail.