Here are the rules for song/lyric of the month...are we still following them?

• 2 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »

Rules for the songs/lyrics of the month.
Rules for the songs/lyrics of the month.

Each month 5 songs will be nominated from the finished song category and 5 lyrics from the lyrics category by a nominated forum member and these songs shall be placed in the song/lyric of the month thread where members may vote on the favourite selection in each category. At the conclusion of the voting period, the top three songs will be ranked, Each months winner will then be automatically put forward at the end of each year where a song of the year and lyric of the year will be judged in the same manner. The following rules will apply:

1. The artist must be an active forum member and have taken part in the reviewing of songs/lyrics on a regular basis and have at least open mic rank.

2. The song/lyric must be the members own work.

3. Only songs/lyrics which have been posted between the start and end of the current month are available for selection.

4. All selections will be made by a forum member who will be nominated by the month’s previous selector. This selector will be of at least solo gig rank.

5. No member may be represented by more than one song or lyric in any one month.

6. The selector may not nominate their own work for an award.

I guess I'm wondering about rule #3, as I see a couple of busker's nominated ??? Not trying to cause any trouble...just wondering  :) :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:02:06 AM by crystalsuzy »

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
Apologies for screwing up. All my fault. I think we should put this down to experience and continue with the five nominations this month, unless the consensus is we restart the November competition.

diadem

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 05:27:30 AM »
Apologies for screwing up. All my fault. I think we should put this down to experience and continue with the five nominations this month, unless the consensus is we restart the November competition.

diadem

My feeling is that you can't "un-nominate" someone.  And since so many people have already voted, no one is going to want to "un-vote".  There's nothing to do but continue onward imo. 

And I don't think it's a big problem.  In fact, if it hadn't been you, it would have been me next month.  I forgot that rule too. 

Suzy.... thanks for bringing this up and getting us all on the right path. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.