Holy Mountain

• 5 Replies

GarethMrichards

• Busker
« on: October 28, 2013, 06:40:01 PM »
This is my first upload for you guys to check out. THis is a song i made for my group about 4 months ago.
When i refer to holy I am meaning in a spiritual sense not a religious stand point.

(v1)
Found my peace on the, holy mountain
Behind the fountain that hides, my misery
Washed my memories in the stream, that runs
Behind the tallest trees.
(v2)
Were sitting in the sun, forever
All people holding hands
Everyone loves together
So they sing and dance

we give you
we give you
For everyone one, one, one

V3
Dancing round the fire, Through the night
Chanting words, through the night
We thank the earth, the moon and the sun
yeh everyone

Chorus (hook)
Its up in the Holy Mountain…..YEH YEH YEH
Its up in the holy mountain

It would be great to hear you comments.
GMR

EattheChildren

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
Interesting lyrics, they really gotnstuck in my head, and I have to ask, what holy mountain is this? I'm not sure if this is a religious song or if it's simply a celebratory song, but I like the lyrics regardless :)

GarethMrichards

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
Interesting lyrics, they really gotnstuck in my head, and I have to ask, what holy mountain is this? I'm not sure if this is a religious song or if it's simply a celebratory song, but I like the lyrics regardless :)

Hey thanks for you feedback.
Yes this is a celebratory song, using the holy mountain in metaphorical sense. Being not in a religious connotation.
Using this mountain as metaphor for a type of oasis or a peaceful place where harmony and togetherness can be achieved.

Thanks

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »

Yes this is a celebratory song, using the holy mountain in metaphorical sense. Being not in a religious connotation.
Using this mountain as metaphor for a type of oasis or a peaceful place where harmony and togetherness can be achieved.

Thanks

I read, then deliberately forgot your explanation.  The lyric spoke to me in it's own way, and the explanation just got in the way of that.  This is an excellent lyric.  Sings well with a really powerful inherent melody/cadence, and speaks of emotion instead of logic. 

One of my favorite lyrics here.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

GarethMrichards

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »

Thanks

I read, then deliberately forgot your explanation.  The lyric spoke to me in it's own way, and the explanation just got in the way of that.  This is an excellent lyric.  Sings well with a really powerful inherent melody/cadence, and speaks of emotion instead of logic. 

One of my favorite lyrics here.

Thanks very much.

I understand certainly the different images and standpoints there is to get from this song. Im glad you enjoy and have drawn your own image. This song i made actually to music already done in my group its something we have gigged and will be recording and be sure to upload when its recorded.

Thanks again.

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »
Really nice lyrics here. All flows really well. Is it finished? Seems a bit short. Nice work though. Oh and welcome to the forum!
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!