Christmas song comp?

• 20 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:35:22 AM »
Hi guys...nothing seems to be happening as far as a song comp and we're almost into November :o
Maybe we should think about a Christmas song comp ??? I hear it's one that's happened before, on this forum so maybe it should be a tradition :) :) What do you guys out there think and how do we go about setting that up ??? ??? CS

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:39 AM »
Good thought CS
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 11:11:28 PM »
theres a christmas song comp going on in the place where i wasnt wanted so theres not much chance of one happening here aswell i think.....i actually fancy running one but 2 compititions wont work
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
don't quite understand ??? where's the place that you weren't wanted and is it connected to this forum ???

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
the place where i was invited & you said hello to me
but it was obvious some people didnt want me there & when i said i wasnt joining becos of that ...within a few hours my account was deleted & my own thread id started removed !!.... that proved to me that i realy wasnt wanted & i was seen as a trouble maker
im  not saying any more or they will say ' we were right she is a troublemaker '
anyway suzy they are having a christmas song comp so i think you can see one here isnt going to work very well :)

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »
I don't think the fact that another forum exists should stop us doing anything here!! I'm not finding time to be in two places at once at the moment, and so in the meantime my loyalty is still here...... And we can do any comps we like! Let's do it!! Xx

Kevin j

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »
i like the idea, i think we should have 1, that forum has nothin to do with us, its not like we are stealin the idea from them,....
well, that escalated quickly..
-Anchorman :)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
my point was that if loads of members are doing there christmas song over there in that compitition they wont be doing our one & that will make it a non starter
of course if they want to enter in both that would be great
so if enuff people will say they want a christmas song comp here i will run it :)
& i will come up with some rules we can all chip in about

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
Count me in. Lyrics and vocal melody already being worked on.

Sorry to hear about the other place Tinam. I didn't realise it was being operated like that.

Cheers,

Digger

Kevin j

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
i'm in too, i'm gona start workin on it nw
well, that escalated quickly..
-Anchorman :)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »
Who's going to run it!? I'd love to help out seeing as I won't be entering, so if anyone needs any help collecting results or entries or just sweeping the floor, I'm in!
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 09:50:46 PM »
hey tina,
where is this other place

you know benjo... its the one with the pumpkins & ukraine call girls!! i think i had been ejected & all trace of me erased before you arrived.
im not saying the name or anything more or i will have a worse reputation  ::)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »
anyway been thinking about the compitition
i think if its going to be christmassy it mustnt start before december...of course you can write them now but uploading christmas songs in october/ november will ruin it...so i reckon we need to say the compition as far as uploading them here goes starts  december 1st?
& what about if we announce the winner right near christmas ....say 20th december so we are getting quite christmassy about things by then & it will be more exciting?
i will run it & remind evryone when things should be happening etc

any thoughts or ideas or more rules we need?

Dogmax

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
hey tina,
where is this other place

you know benjo... its the one with the pumpkins & ukraine call girls!! i think i had been ejected & all trace of me erased before you arrived.
im not saying the name or anything more or i will have a worse reputation  ::)

pumpkins & ukraine call girls, all i met was a chef   ???