Competition suggestion

• 2 Replies

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
I have a suggestion, and i appreciate that, for many reasons, this could be a complete non-starter......but I thought I'd chuck it out there anyway........

What if we were to have a "Reviewer of the Month" competition as well as the song and lyrics of the month.....

This forum is all about community, reciprocation, give and take, and everyone helping each other to improve, and so recognising good reviewers might reinforce that, encourage people to "do their bit", and make them feel valued when they do......

It wouldn't be about who gave the most flattering reviews, who gave the most "expert" reviews, or even who gave the largest number of reviews, but who really put a lot of effort into giving thoughtful and helpful reviews....

I realise that practically it would be way too much bother and too time consuming for anyone to go through all reviews posted in a month to find a short list, so maybe instead it could work by everyone looking out for people who they think gave thoughtful reviews (whether of their own or others' work) during the month and nominating them to a coordinator, then that coordinator would select 5 to go out to vote......

Anyway, just a thought that randomly popped into my head, and i shan't be at all offended if people think it's a stoopid idea!!!

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 09:47:29 PM »
Hi  Bex'z
                My opinion is:  SONG OF THE MONTH  - LYRIC OF THE MONTH - & say if REVIEWER OF THE MONTH comes in or anything else  would be too time consuming & would take great effort as people hosting these things have found.  A better way  is  without nominating  anyone  i.e..  A  person per given frame in time. To COLLECTIVELY by the members to  See which song is outstanding,or lyric &
if a reviewer  or  member  acts with great merit  which benifits most or all...than that should be acknowledged  & announced.  ok the difficult thing is to  get a system going?  but  perhaps  a panel
of judges or martials  appointed to highlight   stuff that stands out.  I think its too  much to dump on one person...plus  a few heads  together may  be fairer in jointly deciding whats what.
          This is by no-means  is a solution....Your  enquirey is a good one...I look forwards to what others think?                                                     Stylus:)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »
I have a suggestion, and i appreciate that, for many reasons, this could be a complete non-starter......but I thought I'd chuck it out there anyway........

What if we were to have a "Reviewer of the Month" competition as well as the song and lyrics of the month.....

This forum is all about community, reciprocation, give and take, and everyone helping each other to improve, and so recognising good reviewers might reinforce that, encourage people to "do their bit", and make them feel valued when they do......

It wouldn't be about who gave the most flattering reviews, who gave the most "expert" reviews, or even who gave the largest number of reviews, but who really put a lot of effort into giving thoughtful and helpful reviews....

I realise that practically it would be way too much bother and too time consuming for anyone to go through all reviews posted in a month to find a short list, so maybe instead it could work by everyone looking out for people who they think gave thoughtful reviews (whether of their own or others' work) during the month and nominating them to a coordinator, then that coordinator would select 5 to go out to vote......

Anyway, just a thought that randomly popped into my head, and i shan't be at all offended if people think it's a stoopid idea!!!

Stylus had a good point.... time consuming.  Soooooooo what if we made it less so.  What if we just had a "nominations only" shout out for anyone who had "gone above and beyond" the norm and been helpful and thoughtful. 

Nominations would come from those who felt that a review (or reviewer) had been especially helpful. 

Three to Five nominees.... with no "winner" selected. 

Limiting it to five would come based upon multiple selections.  Anyone NOT nominated twice by two DIFFERENT "grateful reviewees" doesn't make the list.  If two people have four nominations, one person has three, and seven people have two nominations, then the three people who had three and four nominations would be the recognized reviewers for that month. 

If no one gets two .... there are no recognized reviewers. 

Instead of a contest.... it's more of a monthly achievement award. 

And the only real work is done by the nominating persons. 

Just something to think about.  I'm supportive of it, and will contribute time how ever it is done.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.