Singularity

• 41 Replies

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
This song was originally called Big Bang Theory and was cosmological acoustic rock with me on vocals, acoustic, electric and bass guitar, and a few hiphop beats. It's got a new lyrical coating now and goes by the name of "Singularity" alluding to being alone, crushed, infinitessimal, insignificant...

https://soundcloud.com/sciencebase/big-bang-theory

At the very start, the moment of conception
Outrunning light, no sound, all is perfection
Focused passion written truly large
Like the word of some almighty pressure
At the very start, there was no pained expression
Nothing yet to heal, no reflection

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the moment
Beauty and the feeling of everything that's the new

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the moment
Singularity
Singularity...

But from the very start, empathy was disconnected
No feeling, sight or sound...just introspection
Final thoughts were written out so clear
Although the world has so many, so many under pressure
To the very end, too much anger and aggression
But sound and fury fade on reflection

But colder, there's no comfort
In the weakness of the moment
Beauty fails and nothing's left as new

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the very moment
Singularity
Singularity...

Colder there's no comfort
In the weakness of the moment
Beauty fails and nothing's left for free
Singularity
Singularity...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:22:55 AM by sciencebase »

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:18:37 AM »

Hi

Bit of a fusion thing going on here...which I'm liking a lot ;D ;D  Love the jazzy feel.
  The way the vocal melody interacts/scans with the music is very clever and
  sophisticated.....a real pleasure to listen to.

Nice instrumentation....especially liked the chord progression, and I thought that sort of
  soft, clipped effect on the guitar worked really well.

Love your style......great song

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »
this obviously isnt about the same tv programme that  i watch ... there was no sheldon!  :(
...the mix was very very good super crisp & clear &  i realy liked the bouncy rhythym
i did find the constant flood of words a bit much as im not sciencey & thought instrumental breaks would be good in there anyway
it stopped dead!... or was that the end of the universe?
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
Ha! you are a science teacher! if so could you please do one about relativity and the Bernouli effect 'cos I never could get my head around those.
It's a really good sound you've got, seems very 'airy' without any harsh treble, nice.  The words are great, very unique and the guitar sounds really tight too.
The end is a bit sudden though - singularity = full stop? is that it?
GTB
GTB

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
Hi,

This is an interesting mix of things. Production excellent as always. Music and vocal are very good.
My science knowledge is limited to; alcohol x 10 + 1 bloke who should know better = headache.  :)
That said, i found the lyrics interesting, if a little hard to follow in a song context.
Certainly not commercial  - and all the better for it!

Nice one.

Digger

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 10:21:33 PM »
Hah...the lyrics were meant to be a bit esoteric...but basically just saying there was a lot of pent up energy that was released, we're in the middle and the universe will eventually fade away to a quiet invisible eternity they call entropic heat death...

It wasn't meant to stop suddenly, it was meant to fade. I uploaded a remix, which obviously didn't make it all the way through the ether...fixed now.

My son's friend who sings with a rather popular local band called The Varsity is, hopefully, going to do me a rap for the instrumental bridge...so when I said this was a Finished Song...well, it is...but it's obviously just a demo and will be built on a little bit...

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:41:36 PM »
You've got me thinking about the lyrics now...they were meant to be tongue-in-cheek quasi-science...although with the vague notion of the Big Bang etc...but should I totally re-do the vocals, get rid of the entropy and the singularity?

ToastedAndButter

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 05:50:59 AM »
such a great song.. like most people Im not entirely sure what it is your singing about lol but i like it :) If i listened to it enough I'd prolly keep learning more and picking up things I would of missed the last time round. Love the chord progression! Its awesome music and a learning aid! lol

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »
such a great song.. like most people Im not entirely sure what it is your singing about lol but i like it :) If i listened to it enough I'd prolly keep learning more and picking up things I would of missed the last time round. Love the chord progression! Its awesome music and a learning aid! lol

Glad you liked the song. Like I say, I don't think any physics lecturer is going to be using my lyrics as teaching matter just yet...

Rhysian

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 04:59:39 PM »
Very good song.  I'm now casting my mind back to the physics half of my degree ( I did joint hons) trying to make sense of the lyrics - I've forgotten so much though LOL

Rhysian x

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »
Very good song.  I'm now casting my mind back to the physics half of my degree ( I did joint hons) trying to make sense of the lyrics - I've forgotten so much though LOL

Rhysian x

Well...I did some physics too, but there's not really a lot in this other than calling the Big Bang an entropic decompression and musing on how humanity is but a tiny blip in the chain from the primordial universe to ultimate heat death :-( Oh dear, I know how to dampen the party spirit don't I?

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
hey

I enjoyed that tune,

didn't get it all if i'm honest but nice tune,

tony.

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 10:48:07 PM »
Oooh this is a bit different innit! Don't hear many songs about cosmology! This is really clever cos even though i didn't understand a word, it felt like it made perfect sense and i got it all........weird!!

Music is gorgeous  ;D

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
hey

I enjoyed that tune,

didn't get it all if i'm honest but nice tune,

tony.

Glad you liked the tune! Lyrics were whimsical nonsense really...

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:12:16 AM »
Oooh this is a bit different innit! Don't hear many songs about cosmology! This is really clever cos even though i didn't understand a word, it felt like it made perfect sense and i got it all........weird!!

Music is gorgeous  ;D

Thanks for listening, I am toying with the idea of re-recording the vocals with new lyrics that might actually mean something rather than being random nonsense about the Big Bang...