Singularity

• 41 Replies

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 05:13:53 PM »
I like the fusion here of the slightly hiphop acoustic tracking.

In places it made me think of 90s TLC. *I don't want no scrubs*. And that is a pop TUNE!

Funky fun and enjoyable.

The layered vocals bring a little psychedelia to the table which works if a little unbalanced mix wise. The end is a little sudden for me too.

Fun though, I like it!
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
Many thanks for listening James! That's an interesting comparison...TLC...people usually mention Squeeze and/or Bowie ;-)

Will have a listen to the harmony mix, it's definitely not perfect and I've messed around with it repeatedly, especially after redoing the lead vocal with my new lyrics.

The abrupt end is a problem...it's not meant to be that harsh, it's supposed to fade for longer...I need to re-record or clone some bits to stretch it out...

Thanks again for thoughts!

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 06:19:58 PM »
The layered vocals bring a little psychedelia to the table which works if a little unbalanced mix wise. The end is a little sudden for me too.

Extended some of the instrumentation to give a gentler fade out...thanks for the alert on that. Also toned down the harmx a little...

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 10:40:25 PM »
HI SB...don't know how I missed this one, but I think it's brilliant  :) I love the lyrics...thought provoking stuff...IMHO, you aced this one...it's definitely one of my fav's of yours :) :) :) CS

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 09:38:42 AM »
HI SB...don't know how I missed this one, but I think it's brilliant  :) I love the lyrics...thought provoking stuff...IMHO, you aced this one...it's definitely one of my fav's of yours :) :) :) CS

Many thanks Suzy. Kind of you to say so ;-)

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »
Remember this song of mine originally entitled "Big Bang Theory", never had anything to do with the TV nor anything about the origins of the universe to be honest. It's now called Singularity, got a new, more personal vocal about being along (singularity, geddit?) and being crushed by the end of a relationship...perhaps. Anyway, I remixed it too...still hihop, still acoustic indie rock, still a bit of funk and my way OTT bassline!

https://soundcloud.com/sciencebase/big-bang-theory

Phlebus

• Busker
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
I'm a sucker for science references! I liked the song a lot. Enjoyed the unusual style and thought the production was really well done. Liked your other songs on sound cloud as well. Nice one.

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »
I'm a sucker for science references! I liked the song a lot. Enjoyed the unusual style and thought the production was really well done. Liked your other songs on sound cloud as well. Nice one.

The sciencey references were a bit silly. A more seriously scientific song was my Pale Blue Dot, also on SoundCloud, about the Voyager space probe looking back at the earth and thinking, "what a mess it left behind", allusion to Carl Sagan's famous pale blue dot photo...

There's also Escape to the Stars, similar theme, about us finding a way to get to another world, leaving behind our ruined Earth (and our pride)

mickeytwonames

• Solo Gig
  • me, my mistress and my dog
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
I look forward to the new lyrics - there's some big words which are hard to sing and ergo 'listen to' but good tune.
Mickeytwonames
Practice like you live forever.
Play like you die tonight,

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
I look forward to the new lyrics - there's some big words which are hard to sing and ergo 'listen to' but good tune.

Not sure what you mean...the version that is live now has the new lyrics I talked about weeks ago. Ditched the made up science stuff, it's now about relationships and "singularity" in the sense of being alone...

If my performance isn't great, fine. I may redo this song at some point. They're all really just demos although I try my best and truly sing from the heart...

The wizaird

• Busker
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »
I play a little guitar myself but this song sounds like its 'right' with good swings.

Inspired *

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »
I play a little guitar myself but this song sounds like its 'right' with good swings.

Inspired *

I like that word. "Inspired". Thank you.