konalavadome

Singularity

• 41 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 06:37:12 AM »
This is my favorite song of all those I've listened to from you. 

It's so deep that it's almost nonsensical to most of us... and that's kind of charming.... like it happens on two levels - one ultra deep, and the other almost fairy tale simple. 

Made me think of   "Dozey Doats and Maresy Doats and little lambsy divey"  ("Does eat oats and mares eat oats and little lambs eat ivy") in a way. 

The music was perfect for the lyric and they fit together like a glove. 

REALLY liked this one.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »
This is my favorite song of all those I've listened to from you. 

Many, many thanks...just imagining the entropy equations for those oat-eating does ;-)

Kevin j

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »
i liked it, some nice melody, especially the chorus, with great lyrics  :)
well, that escalated quickly..
-Anchorman :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »
I'd echo what others have said about the excellent production, guitar sound, melody and vocals. I'm probably going to upset you now but I think you've kind of wasted all the above on a subject which is unlikely to stir any emotional response or resonance in anyone who hears it. If this was applied to a - let's say - conventional subject matter, it would be a cracker. I just don't think people want to hear about the science stuff, sad though that is.

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
I'd echo what others have said about the excellent production, guitar sound, melody and vocals. I'm probably going to upset you now but I think you've kind of wasted all the above on a subject which is unlikely to stir any emotional response or resonance in anyone who hears it. If this was applied to a - let's say - conventional subject matter, it would be a cracker. I just don't think people want to hear about the science stuff, sad though that is.

Fair enough. Muse would probably disagree (viz Supermassive Black Hole).

But, to be frank there isn't any science in this song, it's all smoke and mirrors, sciencey sounding but no real science. The actual words are just about how insignificant we are in with our little troubles in the universe...I bet if I ditched the word "entropic" no one would have even thought it was about science at all ;-)

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »
Okay...no more cosmology...this is musically the same song with a new vocal and a new title, not so much about our insignificance in the face of the aeons, but about a moment of perfection, something created, something torn apart. A life? A relationship? A world? All three..?

https://soundcloud.com/sciencebase/big-bang-theory

Singularity

At the very start, the moment of conception, outrunning light, no sound, all is perfection
Focused passion written truly large
Like the word of some almighty pressure
At the very start, there was no pained expression, nothing yet to heal, no reflection

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the moment
Beauty and the feeling of everything that's the new   

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the moment
Singularity
  Singularity...

But from the very start, empathy was disconnected, no feeling, sight or sound...just introspection
Final thoughts were written out so clear
Although the world has so many, so many under pressure
To the very end, too much anger and aggression, but sound and fury fade on reflection

But colder, there's no comfort
In the weakness of the moment
Beauty fails and nothing's left as new

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the very moment
Singularity
  Singularity...

Colder there's no comfort
In the weakness of the moment
Beauty fails and nothing's left for free

Colder than the comfort
Weaker at the moment
Singularity
  Singularity...

Dogmax

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
Very nice i like that, i can hear it been the theme tune to some TV syfy series with a great sense of humour included in the show.

Great lyrics and enjoy listening, really nice   8)

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
Very nice i like that, i can hear it been the theme tune to some TV syfy series with a great sense of humour included in the show.

I should write a script...

Dogmax

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »

I should write a script...

It sound to me like you wrote the first episode   ;D

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:17 PM »
Super Massive Blackhole - what a tune.

I like the new lyrics. I liked the old ones as well.

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »
Super Massive Blackhole - what a tune.

I like the new lyrics. I liked the old ones as well.

I think I may tighten them up a bit more...still quite a mouthful. Note to self, don't post to "Finished Songs", mine rarely are...

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 05:54:32 PM »
Nice song SB, I like it! Good chord progression and melody. Nice guitar tones. The lyrics fit with the overall sound of the song.  ;D ;D
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
Nice song SB, I like it! Good chord progression and melody. Nice guitar tones. The lyrics fit with the overall sound of the song.  ;D ;D
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Many thanks!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
Hi SB,

Very cool song mate, I like the laid back feel, the acoustic guitar mixed with the poppy drums and general Moby-esque sound. I'd like to hear more of the clean guitar sound at around 2:20, maybe the whole first verse like this, with vocals, to add an element of the track building as it progresses..

Just a thought..

Great job

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
Hi SB,

Very cool song mate, I like the laid back feel, the acoustic guitar mixed with the poppy drums and general Moby-esque sound. I'd like to hear more of the clean guitar sound at around 2:20, maybe the whole first verse like this, with vocals, to add an element of the track building as it progresses..

Just a thought..

Great job

Thanks! Yeah, when I stripped the percussion back for the first instrumental bridge it occurred to me that I could maybe strip it back elsewhere...so I might just do that...