konalavadome

Ella Markina's Song.

• 6 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »
Ella Markina is a young woman in Romania who works as a translator.  That's about the full extent that I know about her.  She posted these lyrics on a forum in the U.S. and I helped her to "Americanize" them - changed some of the lyrics that didn't fit with how Americans talk and think for her.   

These are Ella Markina's Lyrics posted on that forum some time ago.

She agreed to a collaboration then, and just recently consented to allow me to post the song here. I added instrumentation to her lyric.

Here is a link.

http://www.reverbnation.com/HTMworksinprogress

ELLA MARKINA’S SONG

The sunbeam shines into the room
and stops to rest on your face.
Gentle lines on your face have bloomed
and it leaves my mind in a misty haze.

I wish I could tell you you’re beautiful
I wish I could express my love
But I can't find the words and now
Just looking at you, I’m in Heaven above.
Just looking at you, I’m in Heaven above.

I didn't know it could happen to me
I just thought my heart was a rock
Always before I was playing at love
Now these strange new feelings are a definite shock.

From where did you come into my life?
How did you change everything?
Only with you do I dare to dive
head first into the pool of these feelings.

Only with you can I smell the love
That confuses and loses reality
What is this feeling that sets me above!
The control I surrendered so easily.
The control I surrendered so easily.
I didn't know it could happen to me
I just thought my heart was a rock
Always before I was playing at love
Now these strange new feelings are a definite shock

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
Hi HTM, Like your vocals, the tunings good and you have a nice quirky (in a good way)vibrato. The arrangement and instrumentation are a bit too level. What do I mean by that? The sound level (volume) and the instrumentation throughout the song don't vary very much so there's not enough 'light and shade'. Good collaboration though, hope Ella likes it ;D ;D!

Cheers

Jamie

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »
Hi HTM, Like your vocals, the tunings good and you have a nice quirky (in a good way)vibrato. The arrangement and instrumentation are a bit too level. What do I mean by that? The sound level (volume) and the instrumentation throughout the song don't vary very much so there's not enough 'light and shade'. Good collaboration though, hope Ella likes it ;D ;D!

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for listening Jamie 

I know my instrumentation is too level.  I've had that pointed out to me before.  I'm actually vastly improved in that area, but (as you noticed) still have a long way to go. 

I've taken some of my "level" songs and added depth to them....  but it's not something I'm good at and sometimes I make things worse when I try to add depth. 

I thank you for noticing.  It's important to get input on progress. 

Someday in the far off future, I hope to get come critique that tells me I've gone too far in the opposite direction.  :o

And Ella does like it, although she wishes it were in a key that allows HER to sing it.  I'm not musician enough to accomplish that with the tools I have.  Moving the entire composition a full chord up the scale doesn't work well, and there is enough complexity in it that it doesn't translate well moving it up partial chords. 

And I've never heard her sing. 

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »
Hi
      I think you have done really well considering your limitations. :) Dont let this hold you back bud!
 both the words & your rendering are commendable & its actual creativity. Ellas happy...Your happy?
thats of par importance.  You sing pretty relaxed &  my personal advise( through experiencing various
learning curves) is to 'go for it'. Dont hold back...  example  I've done a vocal or played an instrument
&  through a little nervousness I tended to hold back... I then realised open up & go for it! this helps
to give a little edge to whatever one is doing. nice sentiments in lyrics.

Well done to both of you  very nice  :)   Stylus :)   

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 09:43:45 AM »
''And I've never heard her sing''.
You sing it well enough anyway

;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL

Cheers

Jamie

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 02:44:04 AM »
Hi
      I think you have done really well considering your limitations. :) Dont let this hold you back bud!
 both the words & your rendering are commendable & its actual creativity. Ellas happy...Your happy?
thats of par importance.  You sing pretty relaxed &  my personal advise( through experiencing various
learning curves) is to 'go for it'. Dont hold back...  example  I've done a vocal or played an instrument
&  through a little nervousness I tended to hold back... I then realised open up & go for it! this helps
to give a little edge to whatever one is doing. nice sentiments in lyrics.

Well done to both of you  very nice  :)   Stylus :)   

I value your advice.  I tend to write "conversationally."  I didn't really realize that till Becky (Caco) told me that.  But it's true. 

There's not much to "let loose on" in a lot of those "conversational songs."   I'll have to write some differently or re-do some to try out your advice. 

I value your advice, and will definitely try it out on several songs. 

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 02:44:55 AM »
''And I've never heard her sing''.
You sing it well enough anyway

;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL

Cheers

Jamie

Thank you James.  I appreciate that you listened and replied.