WHITE PIANO

• 26 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 06:35:37 PM »
Hi Tony,

A song about one of my heroes. Awesome. I like how you've woven the various aspects of his life and death in to a song that isn't overly sentimental.

kaleidoscope of colours
 a mixed up mashed up
 twisted world unforgiving
 I listened to your lyrics
 it all made sense to me
 and I inhaled it deep
 it took the pain away
 it helped to set me free-ee

My fave bit.

Hope there is a tune coming soon. Could do something quite epic along the lines of A Day In The Life.

Nice one.

Digger

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »
hey digger,

really made up you liked the lyric,  yeah a hero of mine too
and the verse you picked out has a lot of different meanings in it
that I think it throws some, you really do need to look into that verse

and I would love to see what someone could do with this
there is a lot of talented singers and musicians out there
maybe someone will be inspired enough

thanks again digger for taking the time to read and comment

tony.

Dogmax

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 08:35:34 PM »
Well Tony

Sorry for not posting here been busy for the past few weeks.

Great lyrics Tony starting with your words that give us thoughts of his early days as we stand outside his auntie house and then your chorus create a wonderful image of him sitting playing a white piano.

The kaleidoscope of colours verse, as you know i was a bit confuse with this verse when i read it at first, but you explain it in such a way that it opens up so many different moments of his journey through life, there is so much going on in this verse, each line just add to the reason why he really was a truly great artist.

Then the sadness of the last verse and that last line (just for a moment the world died)  and you're right (they have their place, strawberry fields people mourn and candles burn for peace) lyrics that says it all really, it all read to me like you have it the way you want it, these where your words  (I wanted it to flow and roll of the tongue, but be complex so the reader has to think what does that mean, then ahh yes I get it) cant wait to hear this when someone puts their music to it.

Just to let everyone know the reason why Tony sent me these wonderful lyrics of his was because of a song i wrote call The Day JFK Died, another sad moment in our history.

Really great lyrics Tony and the very Best of luck with this, really do hope one or more of the great Musicians here put their Magic to this, talk soon Mate.   8)

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
The Mendips are south Bristol ,bath Somerset way..nr me in fact!

This lyric can only be about J .Lennon  i can see the beard as i type.

It`s well written,not at all corny ,,or cliché ,,with hidden meanings in some phrases,,,i like this and should make an interesting tune,

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »
 hey guys,

thank you so much for the great comments I have had with this one

STC             always good to get your feed back mate i'm made up you like this

DOGMAX,     I owe you so much on this, I always seem to turn to pat for advice
                    when I wrote this I was looking through for inspiration,
                    then I clicked on DOGMAX,  THE DAY JFK DIED  I sat with my mouth open
                    it is truly amazing and I highly recommend a look if you haven't
                    seen and heard it,
                    after I saw this, I sent pat these lyrics and he gave me some great advice
                    on facts and meanings and what I wanted to say
                    sorry for going on guys but, thank you mate, seriousfun is working on it now

Dogmax

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 10:55:03 PM »
hey guys,

thank you so much for the great comments I have had with this one

STC             always good to get your feed back mate i'm made up you like this

DOGMAX,     I owe you so much on this, I always seem to turn to pat for advice
                    when I wrote this I was looking through for inspiration,
                    then I clicked on DOGMAX,  THE DAY JFK DIED  I sat with my mouth open
                    it is truly amazing and I highly recommend a look if you haven't
                    seen and heard it,
                    after I saw this, I sent pat these lyrics and he gave me some great advice
                    on facts and meanings and what I wanted to say
                    sorry for going on guys but, thank you mate, seriousfun is working on it now

WOW Thanks Tony, really delighted Allan is putting his magic to your lyrics, definitely something to look forward to.

Thanks for your kind words, i wasn't going to post busy recording trying to get the right flow vocals wise, but the JFK song is very very special to me, base on what memories i have of that sad moment, but what really make the song is Al Kelly, email him a while back all i can say is reality still refuse to recognize true talent, remind me of an old saying, fuck reality, hope you dont mind but he open up a soundcloud page, or maybe that should be account  ;D    https://soundcloud.com/al_an

Thanks Tony  8)

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »
hey pat

only speaking the truth mate

the link you put on the post
won't work if I go to soundcloud and put your name in will that work

thanks again mate,

take care,   tony.

ps   there's not many singers get referred to as Dylan like nuff said

Peppermint

• Solo Gig
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »
Very Nice lyrics,

Although I'm not so keen on it compared to your previous ones.

"A boy confused, His ego bruised" rhymes and fits the song.

If I was putting this to music I would have a slow tempo type song using a piano but that's just me.

Well done  :)

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
For those of you who have been interested in this lyric, I have now completed the recording of the song  and it is posted in the review section.

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/white-piano-(-seriousfunbenjo-collab-)/

Your thoughts on my interpretation of Benjo's wonderfull lyrics would be most appreciated.

Allan.

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
hey guys

just want to take this chance to say a BIG THANK YOU to seriousfun Allan
he took me by surprise with this up tempo rendition

and I must say I love what he's put to my lyrics
hope you all feel the same and enjoy it as I did

THANKS MATE  tony.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 09:41:50 AM »
Hi Toni...you've had a lot of reviews on these lyrics already, so you've definitely caught peoples attention and they've certainly grabbed mine...I think you've done a brilliant job with them and now I'm going to listen to what allan has done with the song :) kudos on this Toni  :) :) CS

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
hey,

some fantastic comments on these lyrics
thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment

hope you all enjoy the tune too

tony.