My Song writing ideas

• 1 Replies

E50 Productions

• Busker
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
Just thought i would post some ideas on my current projects - one i need a bot of help with.

Abandon me & Terra Firma are heavy rock metal style of songs, Southerncross is hmmm well i dont know yet but lets say mild rock anthem style of song, and last is United states of A - which is rap with a featured singer for chorus - kind of like a pitbull song etc.

Abandon me - im trying to do something different with this so its not so "usual" i am writing the song in kind of a 3D way - being abandoned - feeling abandoned and then abandoning yourself which is often what happens. So the first part of verse covers one area, the second part of verse covers one area nad the chorus covers the last, all inter twining as the feeling of this is going through the 3 dimensions constantly.

Terra Firma - i got this idea from when the spanish raided panama - there is a province called Terra Firme - i like the idea of referencing to a part of history but the theme of the song is taking stuff over for other people and believing you can make it better - which often doesnt happen, wether its friend to friend or country to country - its all similar??

Your skin may be dark but it's the black that runs in my veins.

E50 Productions

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »
 Southern Cross is about the need to unite and think off what we do right in Australia, instead of being focused on all the bad, this is the one i need help with as there is no start and finish - no end point etc - so i have thought about weaving something through it, but i am having trouble - i have alot of reference material from people that i have asked but its been a real battle. And i am trying to do it anthem style - you know "red rock and dust, heart and pride is a must" but its proving difficult.

United states of A - i use to live in the states, alot of genuine great people there - who shake there head at what goes on, they are the big brother you love to hate, when things go pair shaped around the world they are often expected to help, when it goes wroing they get the blame - dammed if you do and dammed if you dont. Alot of geniune USA people feel a bit helpless about what there goverment does, they have had there pride wooped a bit since 9/11 and the GFC - so i wanted to do a song that talks of the pain of being a big brother that is only human and doesnt get it right all the time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Ant .....
Your skin may be dark but it's the black that runs in my veins.