Inspiration?

• 18 Replies

Sonic-r

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
i've noticed that alot of you can play instruments, which is great for inspiration, if i could play an instrument i would be on it everyday, even take it school and bore my friends. so i think its alot easier for you guys to fin your inspiration where as someone like me;not a player, its harder because it gets to a point where u bore u brain out and u only get a few good songs in like 2 months and half of them u dont even write down.

im not complaining im just saying :L

I don't play any instruments and I can't think of music if I can hear it in the background, so when I have a tune/melody or something in my head it's a real chore recording it. (I use Logic Pro with an 5 octave keyboard and use Logic's note writing capability a lot!)

My inspiration comes from listening to music every day, in all genres. And then a snowflake of an idea will come into my head and it rolls from there. On one occasion lyrics came to me first and that was when I was walking round Stocks Reservoir in Lancashire. (Maybe you should go for a walk there. ;-) ) I could hear the voice singing the chorus and the rest of the melody came from what I thought would suit that voice.

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
true dat hotnerfite

how did you guys find your music styles. did it come to you in dream or just years of going through different styles.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
inspiration can come from anything
ehhh, but  ???
I have no idea how to direct it
or let alone, stimulate it

all I know

when it is there,recognize it!

and use it!

massa

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 08:56:46 PM »
Posted by: postmn 
"how did you guys find your music styles. did it come to you in dream or just years of going through different styles."

With regards to style follow you heart and be true to the music that comes to you. Obviously you can draw influence from your favourite artists too, but I just hear my music in my head.