konalavadome

Into The Light

• 19 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 08:36:51 PM »
ah damn, Jess, you got me...how do you do that???? ??? ??? ??? ???

i have to i admit, i am slowly transforming back into Dutchbeat again...
that may be a bad sign, but
i hope that is ok... :P :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

so, now where was I....any new mega forum collaboration projects going on out here... ::) ::) ::)

sorry :P :-[ :-* :'(

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and..

ALL evil twins are welcome here  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

btw, I will review later, sorry, I can't catch any headphones time at the mo. ???

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 04:23:30 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY little Sherlock Holmes I am...I can now do my maths homework knowing that forum happiness has been restored :D :D :D
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 12:17:41 PM »
I definitely think this is a keeper KET...the lyrics are really good and your voice is soooo yummy :-[ sorry I'm just trying to think of other ways to express how good something is...I feel like I keep saying the same old words like lovely, beautiful, great, awesome, brilliant...there needs to be icons or something :-[ :-[

I think I would drop the heavy strumming out when you sing '...follow me into the light' and just let it
hang there somehow...if that makes any sense  ??? to give it more dynamics and to bring out that line
only my humble opinion though...it's a great song and I can't wait to hear it when it's finished :) :) CS

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
ah damn, Jess, you got me...how do you do that???? ??? ??? ??? ???

i have to i admit, i am slowly transforming back into Dutchbeat again...
that may be a bad sign, but
i hope that is ok... :P :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

so, now where was I....any new mega forum collaboration projects going on out here... ::) ::) ::)

sorry :P :-[ :-* :'(   CS

Just waiting patiently for the instigator to get us all revved up again...we have some lyrics in the frying pan and a melody in the warming oven  ;)
Boy one sure has to search around this forum to catch little gems like this...I'm sooo happy DB, to see you slowly transforming back to your old self ;D ;D  CS
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:02:38 PM by crystalsuzy »

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »
OOOhh - I REALLY (really really really) like this one

I particularly like the delayed start of the vocal lines so that they come in after the bar - this adds so much more interest to the track

The melody works really well against the chords, which have some really nice textures to them

The only comment I would make is that there are a few points in the track where you are playing a "suspended chord" (I don't have an instrument with me to find the exact chord) - the first instance is at around 14 secs with the second instance at around 22secs

For me, these work really well as the track drives on

However, at the 3rd instance at around 31 secs I think the "suspension" needs to "resolve" - ie it sounds like you are playing a "Suspended 4th" chord - if you moved the 4th note in the chord down a semitone you would have the "normal" chord and it would give the track a sense of "release" after the "tension" of the suspended chord - adding more interest to the song

This is really clunky to explain in words but I hope you know what I am getting at

This is just a really minor personal thought and in no way detracts from a fantastic song

Definitely my favourite of yours (so far  ;)) and that is no mean feat in itself!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic