We need to discuss my new timetable

• 14 Replies

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
First day back at school. BOO. But I need to share my timetable nightmare with you all.

Tuesday week A- English Maths Science Science English Maths (just when you think maths is over you have to do it all again!)

Or how about the following Tuesday- DOUBLE PE English Maths DOUBLE Science (don't even talk to me about PE)

WHY is it compulsory to do PE? And philosophy? I have an undeniable hatred for Michael Gove right now! >:( >:( >:(

But I do have music tomorrow (I had to take an extra GCSE to do music because I didn't have enough, thanks for influencing me guys :D ::) :-*) so that'll sweeten it up a bit.

ANYWAY, someone make me feel better about my life, any awkward/funny/even vaguely amusing stories that you have from your school days? (Just so I can laugh at you and feel better about my own life which includes 6:20 am mornings)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:17 PM »
well ,i`m getting up at well,whatever time i feel like  ;)

I work with some great girls un guys...a lot ofthe time in a castle...

But i loved P.E wish i could do that!!

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
I  once  went school...... ;D       okay okay....  I did do a few more days  then once  & remember on a cold & hot sunny rainy day  that I  was on my way to school only to find   I had my uniform on top bit
shirt tie,blazer  etc.   but  waist down  I still had my pajama  bottoms on! anyway  I made out it was a fashion statement  ;D It was too late & too far to turn back so I traped in to my physics  class & fell asleep!  Mr.Bernhard  shouted  'Wake up you dozy git!  to which I replied......I'm half asleep & my brain is in my head not my trousers  You great big  pineapple!  anyway  I learnt about the specific velocity
of a backhander & he tried to knock some sense into me...but I felt nothing  as I was dreaming about coming to school  the next day on a horse!      ;D ;D ;D          
                                                       Hug'zzz                         Stylus  :)

Now...I'm like  STC.........  choose what time to get up....&  what I  want to do on that day  :)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
Getting up at 6:20 am means you will see the sun rise during the spring and autumn. When you see a really nice one, wrap it up in your handkerchief, put it in your pocket and smile.

Studying philosophy means you can write 47 songs on why the chicken crossed the road. Make sure you do.

Studying maths means you can write songs on what the chicken is likely to do next. The probability of eating his dinner, or crossing another road, or even deciding crossing the road in the first place was a waste of time.

Nothing wrong in hating Michael Gove, even some old people hate him.

As a result of going to school I became weird and brush my teeth everyday.

A couple of songs about going to school:

diadem

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »
Jess,
I can hardly remember myself but having fun getting my youngest, who's a year beneath you to school.
Anyway just reread and let my kids see my own school reports, they're not very pretty.
Re A levels "if his examinations were aural he would obtain three Grade A's" [and no A * in those days ]  Unfortunately they weren't and I got a pair of C's
;D
Neil   
songwriter of no repute..

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »
I enjoyed science and math at school, loved them really. Even studied them at uni, but it was there that I found out I was sick of learning so dropped out. I hated geography, history and English so what do I do now? Well.... I love travelling and learning about old civilisations and write lyrics...... Go figure.

I shoulda paid more attention on the things I didn't like and less on the things I did like. Fortunately mental osmosis is a very powerful force and despite all of our efforts to block things out it just seems to build up anyway.

Allan.

Hmm... Just realised "mental osmosis" there has to be a song there. It's my idea and I am using it in my next song so just a word of warning.... I better not see it turn up here before I have had a go at it  :o
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:10:24 PM by seriousfun »

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
How to feel better?

Things could be much worse - you could live in London. Or, support Derby County.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
 :D ;D your stories make me so happy!

Diadem- On my last day of year 9 (or third year in 'old money' as my dad calls it) I played Alice Cooper's song on repeat for 45 minutes...I think I irritated everyone and I don't think I can listen to that song again now...

And it turns out Seriousfun isn't as anti lyricist as I first assumed... ;D

How to feel better?
Things could be much worse - you could live in London. Or, support Derby County.
Or be forced to watch Formula 1
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
No offence but your school sounds awful. I'm pretty happy with my timetable for this year, there isn't any 'horrible' days. And we also only do a lesson once each day, don't have any double periods. We also only have 5 lessons a day and I wake up at 7!

Never done philosophy in my life. I hate maths and Spanish though which are compulsory :(

What year are you in now? I've started year 11 and it's my third year of options so I chose performing arts (originally music but there wasn't enough people for them to run it).
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »
RIGHT WHERE DO I ENROLL?!? I'm in year 10, I've only started my options this year, I know Michael Gove keeps changing all the exams around, so by this time next year I will of already taken my maths and english GCSE >:( But we're in the 1% of most improved schools in the country so they must be doing something right (although I still have no idea what that 'something' is)... :-\ :'( :P

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »
:D ;D your stories make me so happy!

Diadem- On my last day of year 9 (or third year in 'old money' as my dad calls it) I played Alice Cooper's song on repeat for 45 minutes...I think I irritated everyone and I don't think I can listen to that song again now...

As my lyric book says: do everything in moderation........................................................

including moderation.

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »
We started ours in year 9 so we had that extra year to study for GCSEs. In year 10 I did my maths, English and science and got Cs on all (I was one mark off a B in English -.-). Got lots of exams this year, only been back a few days and we've started coursework. Haha my school needed special measurements and was supposedly the worst school in Leeds! I never thought it was bad but oh well!
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
The trick is to actually try to force yourself to ENJOY these subjects - be interested for the hour or so the lesson lasts

This may sound a little daft but if you do try to consciously engage with each and every subject not only will the lesson time fly by but you will also do better in exams without having to try hard or "cram" at revision time - and you may actually enjoy the lessons

If you can learn this trick it is a skill for life - eg when you get boring tasks at work, when you have to watch a TV programme/movie you don't particularly want to, when you want to review songs that aren't your cup of tea (I used this trick on "folk" music and I now love listening to folky  songs people post on here)

Sorry for getting a bit serious for a mo...

... you could also do what we did at school and cut out giant speech bubbles to hold up behind the teacher's head when you go up to the desk and take photos - this should be much easier nowadays with smart phones - we had to go old skool with 35mm film and auto-flash and try to convince the teacher it was lightning every time we took a picture!!!!!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Gallowglass

• Solo Gig
  • Dime Store Saint
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »
I feel your pain. I too have a timetable nightmare: one of my seminars is before midday, so I may have to get up early. Life's tough at the top :P

And I've always understood that PE is compulsory so you can knock over the kid who clipped your wing-mirror and claim it was a sporting accident. Same with philosophy. And science. And any subject, really, but believeability may vary.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:46:01 PM by Gallowglass »
Band recommendation of the week: Fit For Rivals? False. Renee Phoenix has no rivals.

'She can still hear the Rebel Yell just as loud as it was in 1983' - Thrash Unreal, Against Me!

PeeJay

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »
My school always springs to mind when i'm on this site. It's in my avatar!
I don't know what i'm doing but i do it anyway.