Come back to you

• 20 Replies

adamholden

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
Thanks Phil and montydog. English folk is where I'm at. I recorded it live so to speak, with a mic on the guitar as well as di. And then a mic for vocals. So they bleed a bit but it makes it feel intimate and natural compared to multi tracking. I messed up the levels on the rough mix though. I've not the patience for doing that well!

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »
Right in my ball-park again. Love the folky finger picking numbers. Englishness great too!

Watch the compressor settings/levels in general; red lining at around 1.30. Otherwise very neat clear and enjoyable recording.

I like the lyrics and the chord movements. Some interesting chords throughout, keeps my ear perked.
I do wonder if such smart additions will make it less accessible for the mass market tho? Should that be a concern! Takes a couple of listens to "get into". But no bad thing!
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

adamholden

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 12:17:48 AM »
Thanks James. Yes I didn't record or mix it all that well. And oversang in a couple of places. Glad you like it. Really not concerned about the mainstream, though I do want my songs to be enjoyable. If you like it then that's fine by me.

Adam

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

There are some sublime little guitar runs in this and it has a lovely classical feel but the melody and vocal delivery is quite modern sounding

This would be well worth recording "properly" - it is already very close but that extra bit of studio "fairy dust" would make this a very special song indeed

Absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamholden

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »
Thanks B. Very much appreciated. I am sorting through songs to perform and also to record. This is one I'd sort of left behind, but will keep an eye on. Not played it live so really this forum is the only feedback I've had on it.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 12:06:43 AM »
Hi Adam...don't know how I missed this one ??? it's is a very lovely song :) :) your voice is beautiful and you sing it with the perfect amount of passion :)
I love the simple production of this and the is guitar awesome:) :)
I think all of us that have daughters can identify with the lyrics in this so well :) :) :)
thanks for sharing  :) CS