Bless your soul

• 20 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »
NOOOOO...please don't anyone leave this beautiful place where we of common interest dare to share

the most fragile of ourselves...the essence our creative souls :) I think anyone who shares a song on

this forum deserves a BIG PAT ON THE BACK for even trying to write a song, and there's a huge

difference between saying that a song is shit and constructive criticism. It takes a lot of skill to give

a constructive review...some of us have it and some of us don't and that's OK :) IMO, is a nice buffer

when reviewing, as it is only your opinion. I've only been on this forum for about 6 months, but I

have grown to love it and all the diverse people on it :) even though most of you are on the other

side of the world, I feel like I've come to know some of you through your songs and reviews and feel  

a real sense of connection :'( It saddens me when this type of thing happens on the forum, but we

are all human and have bad days, and sometimes the planets are aligned in such a way as to cause

disagreements ::) But thank God it doesn't happen very often, so forgive yourselves and each other, cool off for a few days and

get back on track with the 'MEGA FORUM SONG COLLAB' ;D We need you for this one DB :) :)

Let's all go to San Francisco with flowers in our hair :) :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:35:28 PM by crystalsuzy »

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 11:34:12 AM »
NOOOOO...please don't anyone leave this beautiful place where we of common interest dare to share

the most fragile of ourselves...the essence our creative souls :) I think anyone who shares a song on

this forum deserves a BIG PAT ON THE BACK for even trying to write a song, and there's a huge

difference between saying that a song is shit and constructive criticism. It takes a lot of skill to give

a constructive review...some of us have it and some of us don't and that's OK :) IMO, is a nice buffer

when reviewing, as it is only your opinion. I've only been on this forum for about 6 months, but I

have grown to love it and all the diverse people on it :) even though most of you are on the other

side of the world, I feel like I've come to know some of you through your songs and reviews and feel 

a real sense of connection :'( It saddens me when this type of thing happens on the forum, but we

are all human and have bad days, and sometimes the planets are aligned in such a way as to cause

disagreements ::) But thank God it doesn't happen very often, so let's cool off for a few days and

get back on track with the 'MEGA FORUM SONG COLLAB' ;D We need you for this one DB :) :)

Let's all go to San Francisco with flowers in our hair :) :)

Well said  Suze Ps   Dutchbeat Is one in a million!    :)  Stylus

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
Blimey...this whole thing passed me by till today - I guess I wasn't putting the threads together. I'm with crystalsuzy and Jamie on this. Such a shame to lose valuable and talented members who take the time to listen and give constructive, encouraging feedback. I'm talking about DB and kafla. MR is a particularly nasty piece of work, I'm afraid who bandies accusations of plagiarism rather more readily than he takes the time to contribute something positive. I have my own issues with him which I won't go into here but it's safe to say I won't be getting him a Christmas card.

Song writing is a very difficult thing and putting yourself "out there" emotionally and personally takes balls. The best songwriters didn't start off brilliant - they improved by being encouraged and nurtured. That's what the forum should be doing.

Please don't go......don't go....don't go away.......please don't go....as KC & The Sunshine Band put it so eloquently.

Alan

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »
Well, i'm gutted. Dutchbeat was going to do me a video for a new song!! First ever video. I'm going to have to send him flowers :) Come on, mate - why throw it all away over one unfortunate thing? The good vastly overwhelms the bad. As the saying goes - if you can't beat them - nuke them - or something like that.

And as for you, Kafla - you got me in to midi, which sparked me off writing half decent tracks - for which I'm eternally grateful. So if i have to pester you with emails to get you to reconsider - i will.

Come on guys, light a jostick or something. :) There's enough bad stuff in the real world - leave it there.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
I`m sure Dutchbeat will resurface..not sure about Kafla..he sent me a parting email..that while not being in any way abusive ,was self effacing...he also said he had deleted any songs or lyrics of mine ./ours..

Also said my emails would go straight to junk..so i couldn't make a reply to patch things up,although i sent one all the same.....
My message to those that say they want a more macho system of critique and feedback,,is be careful you get what you wish for,,,,because from what i have seen,,,,the old adage is true..`they can give it but can`t take it...........so a backslapping ,love-in it is. :-* :-*

I was annoyed that on the bless you thread...i woke up to find a `section` dedicated to me,,with some indictments,that surprised me ..like it`s something that he had,had on his mind,and now this was the time to say it.......i merely returned the favour......and said something that i felt like saying,,20 mins later i deleted it,because i thought whats the point of it? but he had seen it,,so the damage was done.

I mentioned Alan Starkie had gone.....he had thought my response to Kaf ,was directed at him,which it wasn't,and he accepted that a mistake had taken place....but he had already made the decision based on (i think) the draining affect that a spat like that as on everybody,and not the first he had experienced...............i said have a break ,then take a new look at the site..i`m sure things will be back to  `normal`

I only mentioning this so things are not misconstrued . :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:01:33 AM by songsthatcry »

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »
I deliberately stayed out of this argument as it raged a few nights ago.  I've recently returned to the forum after approximately, an eight month absence.  I left specifically because of the niggles and sometimes disgraceful conduct of some (though not all members).  Like many people, I just don't need the extra hassle and have been dealing with so many difficulties in my own personal life.  Once again, I was saddened (as I'm sure many members were) to see problems flair up again. I must stress, I have no intention of taking sides over what has been said. I often contact both Dutch and Kafla.  I've urged them both to reconsider and will do so again.  They are both great guys.  Andy and I have formed a great friendship over the last couple of years and was a big factor in my decision to return to the forum, though I also, had my own reasons for returning.

We're all at different stages of our development as songwriters.  I can't stress how important it is to be respectful to other forum contributors.  I know that mostly reviews are fair.  I don't see any reason to be too severe when critiquing a song.  Writers often devote so much of themselves when they  craft a song so I always try to remember that. I prefer to offer suggestions and look for positives when I review the work of others regardless of their level of ability.  Constructive/helpful reviews are in my opinion the only way to ensure that writers improve and of course, it helps avoid unrest.

I'll email the guys again and hope for the best!

Paul