Bless your soul

• 20 Replies

Kafla

« on: September 03, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »
Hope it's ok to post

Would be interested in feedback on every part of this.

Hope you are all well  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/andrewcruse/sounds-from-tuesday-evening/s-REC3Q

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »
 :D

Iv`e missed something here...whats going on,,i think the SC issue as been solved ,,i`m getting Eternally yours  by Digger all the time now,,so looks like some sort of cookie issue and not monkey business... ;)

But theres a n issue with this song.?? ??? ??? ??? ???

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »
It seems everyone has a song called 'bless our souls'! I'm so confused! Does this have anything to do with Saeed and Benjo? Or is it just an incredibly popular title? 3 songs with the same name has to be a new forum record?! :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
sorry for my immature behaviour, i am acting like a child and not like an administrator on this issue

but if anyone would be interested ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[please say: YES, someone]

i can offer a very different version of "Bless YOU" with Benjo's lyrics and Mrs DB singing
in a extremely housed and tranced up version, if you want...

this will make you dance, oh, hang on.... i am getting a PM from a lawyer, called Mr. Sewer, saying he represents .....oh..ok....sorry...

well, i will just have to keep that version for  my own recreational listening

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »
Love it Andy you're a lyrical genius  ;D First time I've heard "square go" in a lyric. Amazing, Awesome, Bravo, Phenomenal, super, smashing, great  :D

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:16:21 PM »
We`ve had this subject on here before about Fback..and what level of criticism should peeps `offer` @mark i read what you said,,and it wasn't warranted in my opinion..i thought it was a slight to make a point..
It`s does seem you like a bit of argy bargy..and to tell you the truth..it`s been noted..i`m sure theres other sites around you could join that like to give it a bit....but this isn` it. :-\

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »
We`ve had this subject on here before about Fback..and what level of criticism should peeps `offer` @mark i read what you said,,and it wasn't warranted in my opinion..i thought it was a slight to make a point..
It`s does seem you like a bit of argy bargy..and to tell you the truth..it`s been noted..i`m sure theres other sites around you could join that like to give it a bit....but this isn` it. :-\

No you're right it isn't. This is a love-in where everyone tells everyone else their song is great. Cos that really helps people doesn't it? That's why there's so many arseholes on X Factor who think they can sing, because no-one tells the truth any more. Then when someone does everyone's jaw drops. Well sorry I refuse to tell lies, the song was shite, end of story. Anyway, I'm off, I can't handle this mealy-mouthed drivel any longer.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
yes you are right, this indeed has been more like a love-in where everyone tells each other how great they are forum type of thing
(i hope i am quoting that partially right)

than a: tonight i go to war - type of forum

and i hope one day you will try it too
(loosely quoting John Lennon)

cheers, Mark

Kafla

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
I hope I haven't made this worse - I was just trying to have a bit of fun at how much of a pantomime this has become

Everyone knows what I think of DB and it's perfectly natural for him to ask Saeed for his opinion , infact whether or not Saeed is guilty of anything I do think he could comment ( he's been on) rather than have everyone at each others throat

And I have got to say even though Mark has riled a few I think he makes some very valid points, one which I have argued before - that it can't be a mutual backslapping society. I also agree that technically Saeed might not have done anything wrong - although I can understand Benjo's frustration

It's easy to get carried away and loose the rag - I have done it before as well - but when we start talking about Michael Douglas's foreskin and Haggis's up the @ss then I think we've took a wrong turn somewhere   ::)

We should look at members being able to select the level of criticism they want - and we should all be much more wary when entering into collarbs

Anyway bless you and bless your soul , in this forum so wonderful  ;D

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »
If Mark Ryan comes back on here i`m off/ comprende...his post up above, is  what the guy`s all about..he`s full of venom..he rates himself very highly..and others very lowly...we don`t need his contemptuous and slanderous opinions.

Anyone who`s been on here a while now,,will support me in saying things have been very nice....might not be everyone's idea of a forum ,but it works with creative types

@KAFLA  ...mutual back slapping isn't really what goes on here..am i praising every single thing you do..or one or two others....no...but when i see something thats `bad` i don`t slam it,,i would rather say summat `upbuilding`..

Please don`t contact him..we`re better off as we are..there's no shortage of newbies.

And SAEED...you need to examine your self.....a third accusation of `copying` will need to be questioned properly.

Kafla

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:11 AM »
there is mutual backslapping on here  - I never once said you were guilty of it STC

I joined another forum a while back and my songs got well received but also slaughtered in places - we get 'friendly ' with people on here ( it's great !) and get scared to go for the jugular

Mark eventually got carried away but only after he got ridiculed for saying he made a living for 28 years and for saying he thought some songs on here were not very good or original - note he never said all. Yes his language was totally out of order and unacceptable in the end. Musically I found him to be a good contributor and reviewer - he was one of the reviewers I respected.

I personally thought telling him to shove a haggis up his @ss was out of order as well - no where near in the same degree as his own words - but not really in the up building category either. In my time here STC you have been involved in so many of  forums 'incidents'.

We can't keep telling people they can leave as we have plenty of newbies - it was Saeed a few weeks back getting told to leave. Guys like Dutchbeat are who make the forum  - I spoke to DB for a long time last night and I can't tell you how upset he is.

And Saeed is still posting with no reference to the mayhem   ??? But we don't really know he did anything wrong either - but he could clear it up.

I am off with DB as well - and before you say it STC I realise I won't be missed and there are plenty of newbies joining - it's not a knee jerk reaction honest - it's the main reason I left for a while there - theses type of things flare up from time to time - drain everyone - and a few get involved and take it to the next level with their own personal agenda.

So if you want you can comment after I leave or have a go at what I have written but I would like to wish everyone the very, very best - its been a blast - life changing  ;D

All the best everyone !

Life really is too short  :)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
Andy and Dutch,

Come on fellas,  reconsider  Unfortunately,  arguments like this occur to frequently and good people get upset.  This place needs both of you!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
So have we now lost 3 contributing members?
 :'(
Neil 
songwriter of no repute..

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10:22 AM »
I'm one of the 'newbies' to this site and for me the site should be about trying to encourage anyone who is trying to write a good song. Everyone starts somewhere,and I've commented on songs that arguably were 'poor' but the person posting is trying to learn and doesn't want to be told their effort is shit. We all know how difficult it is to write something half decent. We should be encouraging not discouraging. I was appalled at the recent posts and thought about getting involved but thought better of it as I didn't want to be tarred with that brush.we don't need that type of 'encouragement'.

For what it's worth those are my thoughts

I hope this is not a regular occurrence.

Jamie

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
there is mutual backslapping on here  - I never once said you were guilty of it STC

I joined another forum a while back and my songs got well received but also slaughtered in places - we get 'friendly ' with people on here ( it's great !) and get scared to go for the jugular

Mark eventually got carried away but only after he got ridiculed for saying he made a living for 28 years and for saying he thought some songs on here were not very good or original - note he never said all. Yes his language was totally out of order and unacceptable in the end. Musically I found him to be a good contributor and reviewer - he was one of the reviewers I respected.

I personally thought telling him to shove a haggis up his @ss was out of order as well - no where near in the same degree as his own words - but not really in the up building category either.

In my time here STC you have been involved in so many of  forums 'incidents'.

We can't keep telling people they can leave as we have plenty of newbies - it was Saeed a few weeks back getting told to leave. Guys like Dutchbeat are who make the forum  - I spoke to DB for a long time last night and I can't tell you how upset he is.

And Saeed is still posting with no reference to the mayhem   ??? But we don't really know he did anything wrong either - but he could clear it up.

I am off with DB as well - and before you say it STC I realise I won't be missed and there are plenty of newbies joining - it's not a knee jerk reaction honest - it's the main reason I left for a while there - theses type of things flare up from time to time - drain everyone - and a few get involved and take it to the next level with their own personal agenda.

So if you want you can comment after I leave or have a go at what I have written but I would like to wish everyone the very, very best - its been a blast - life changing  ;D

All the best everyone !

Life really is too short  :)

1) no you didn`t
2) go for the jugular? hmm..interesting terminology..
3) yes i agree,,your right
4) no it wasn't upbuilding..but was a joke and that was clear! i think the `anti Scottish`ness of it as bugged you,,,when i`m far from that,,also the Haggis is an English invention mate
5) This one as wound me up.....can you substantiate that...there were problems at the beginning with you know who,,but he`s gone,by the looks of it...but iv`e been here 18 months and had very few spats..so try to be more accurate...i could go through my posts and check..
6) iv`e not told anyone to leave...i`m not in a position too ,,,iv`e pointed out if you leave(or I) you won`t be greatly missed...As to MR..he said is was going and i`m saying ..let him go..!!
7) As to your going ::) i despise self righteousness ...and this smacks of it!!..why do YOU have to go? Dutchbeat has not gone,,maybe a cooling down/time for reflection period.....we all know that.

I don`t dislike you Kafla ..i hope you know that,,but reading between the lines here ,,we have some issues. :)

You know it`s so refreshing having our teenage fanclub on here..their enthusiastic .get involved...positive,,say `upbuilding ` things...

Lets get some perspective here...there are VERY FEW PROBLEMS on this site.....considering how lightly moderated it is,,so JAMIE ,don`t worry this is a once a year event,,the rest of the time things are pretty cool.

@ KAFLA....thanx for the email...thats cleared a few things up..i had removed my comment ,thought it was unwarranted, unfortunately you read it....the other no stays cos it`s so true.

Also i've let a few things you've said in the past go,i was even p`m by others to say i shouldn`t take it,,but you know what it`s all water off a ducks back to me...even this,,,,,
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:13:23 PM by songsthatcry »