New Toy to help Voice ..

• 19 Replies

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »
I've  just returned from hols and I'm gutted to find the forum like this - I've tried to follow threads to see what happened but I can't fathom this out.  Why have so many lovely members left  :'(
Same here... not sure I fully understand what happened  ???
But can we please be a happy little family again like before?

Guys, if you read this: Please come back, it's not gonna be the same without you  :)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »
I better not mention then that Alan Starkie has signed off also :)..iv`e chatted with him on Twitter and know his reasons,,they might not be forever...but i don`t know
WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT?! It's supposed to be about the music! I don't like the boy I sit next to in tutor at school, but I still turn up to school :( >:(
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »
I hear that boy is apparently saying the same thing Jess  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 07:49:14 AM »
I better not mention then that Alan Starkie has signed off also :)..iv`e chatted with him on Twitter and know his reasons,,they might not be forever...but i don`t know
It's supposed to be about the music!

I don't know what happened either.... and I'm also saddened that talented people are gone.

AND, (not "but") I'd like to frame this in a slightly different perspective. 

I've been on two other songwriter's forums in my life.  Both have had the occasional angry, passionate, argument in which people storm off. 

That's never a good thing.... but there is a silver lining to what happened HERE (as opposed to every other such argument I've witnessed on songwriting forums.)

You wrote "it's supposed to be about the music." 

On one of the other songwriting forums, there are frequent angry exchanges... never about music, always about politics. 

On the other, there are fewer angry exchanges, but in every case, when there ARE angry exchanges, they are about religion, not music. 

While I feel saddened, and unfortunate that the talented people are (hopefully temporarily) gone from here, AT LEAST THIS WAS ABOUT MUSIC.  Not politics, not culture, not religion -- music.

I feel soooooooo fortunate to have found a place where the passion centers around music. 

So very, very, very fortunate.

I really hope everyone comes back.  And by "everyone," I mean everyone.  But either way, I feel fortunate to have found this place.  This is BY FAR the best songwriter site I've ever seen.

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »
I hear that boy is apparently saying the same thing Jess  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
STOP BEING SO ANTI LYRICIST.

;D
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle