UP NEXT ON STAGE...

• 52 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
Hi CS its naturally in the bar but you've got to look above the topic bar if that makes any sense.
How the end of the Canadian summer BTW, its just started to turn autumnal this week.
 :)
Neil

Found it...thanks NC...we have had the most incredible summer ever and it's still really hot here in the middle of Sept....loving every minute of it...still in shorts  ;D ;D ;D CS

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
Just a reminder, all being well, Monty will be posting his mini gig tomorrow.

In two weeks time we hope to be seeing Ramshackles.

Who wants the next slot, Oct 18th? It gives you a month to sort something.

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »
if that slot is still open at October 18th, Mrs Db and i would want to have a go at it

we would like you to hear a four chord song of us played live in two versions, but both just piano and Mrs. DB singing live...(and need to think about the how to film it, because Mrs DB doesn't really like being filmed)

a simple song, yet we both think it is strong, but i would like to hear how Mrs Db's voice sounds and plays piano if i dont fuck it up with multiple effects  ;D ;D ;D ;D

so the same song, two versions, completely different story telling, and somewhat different melodies, first version is in Dutch, but is the best version...i will add subtitles and you may agree, the lyricas are powerfull
second version is in English, made more romantic, and played by us on weddings

well i like first version, but can we have a slot with only two versions of one song...in this open mic section?

i think you all will like the Dutch version... ;D ;D  no really  ;D ;D ;D ::) :P :-[ ::) ::) ;D >:( >:( ::) :P :-[ >:( :( :( ;D :o :o :o :o :-X :-X :-X

come on guys, Dutch is a nice language  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ok, edit, i promise you you will hear and see how Mrs DB can sing!!!!
and i think i might do a seriousfun or montydog inpersonation in between  ;D ;D ;D
explaining the lyrics first , especially the Dutch ones

come on, can we have the open mic slot  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:57:52 AM by Dutchbeat's friendly cousin »

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 01:36:06 AM »
It all sounds very nice but the big question is..........................  WILL YOU BE WEARING A HAT ????

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »
if that slot is still open at October 18th, Mrs Db and i would want to have a go at it

we would like you to hear a four chord song of us played live in two versions, but both just piano and Mrs. DB singing live...(and need to think about the how to film it, because Mrs DB doesn't really like being filmed)

a simple song, yet we both think it is strong, but i would like to hear how Mrs Db's voice sounds and plays piano if i dont fuck it up with multiple effects  ;D ;D ;D ;D

so the same song, two versions, completely different story telling, and somewhat different melodies, first version is in Dutch, but is the best version...i will add subtitles and you may agree, the lyricas are powerfull
second version is in English, made more romantic, and played by us on weddings

well i like first version, but can we have a slot with only two versions of one song...in this open mic section?

i think you all will like the Dutch version... ;D ;D  no really  ;D ;D ;D ::) :P :-[ ::) ::) ;D >:( >:( ::) :P :-[ >:( :( :( ;D :o :o :o :o :-X :-X :-X

come on guys, Dutch is a nice language  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ok, edit, i promise you you will hear and see how Mrs DB can sing!!!!
and i think i might do a seriousfun or montydog inpersonation in between  ;D ;D ;D
explaining the lyrics first , especially the Dutch ones

come on, can we have the open mic slot  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yes! Yes yes yes

Consider it booked

Omg this is gonna be awesome  ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:15:38 AM by habiTat »

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
Ok here is the updated Open Mic calendar... what an awesome line up!!

Fri Oct 4th - Ramshackles
Fri Oct 18th - Dutchbeat (feat. Mrs DB)
Fri Nov 1st -

Who wants the next slot?

It's between Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night so you could dress up  :D

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
HabiTat,
I'm no singer songwriter so never really played and sung live before but I'll give that slot a bash.
Just don't expect champions league performance of the early birds ..
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Thanks Neil, it's all yours  :)

Good man!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »
Ok here is the newly updated Open Mic calendar... it's filling up nicely now  :)

Fri Nov 1st - Neil C
Fri Nov 15th -
Fri Nov 29th -
Fri Dec 13th - habiTat (yes, that's me  ;D  :-\ )
Fri Dec 27th -

Roll up roll up, book yourself in!!  ;D

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
It all sounds very nice but the big question is..........................  WILL YOU BE WEARING A HAT ????
YES. Jess refuses to watch anyone that isn't following forum dress code and wearing an item of headgear. 👒🎩👑
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Rhysian

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 08:59:01 AM »
Can I have the Nov 15th slot please?

Rhysian x

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 09:30:28 AM »
Can I have the Nov 15th slot please?

Rhysian x

It's all yours Rhysian, it's great to have one of our newer members perform  :)

So here is the newly updated Open Mic calendar... it's filling up very nicely now   ;D

Fri Nov 1st - Neil C
Fri Nov 15th - Rhysian
Fri Nov 29th -
Fri Dec 13th - habiTat (yes, that's me   ;D :-\ )
Fri Dec 27th -

Dutchbeat

• Open Mic
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »
ahum, sorry, we sort of want to chicken out of the october 1st gig.....clearly i should have talked this with Mrs DB about this new open mic thing and what about joining that....before entering our names in the list  ;D ;D ;D ;D. She really doesn't want to be on film unedited (recognizable) and i really can't sing...and really i want out of this now  :-[ :-[ :-[

sorry

anyone out here can take the open mic of October 1st from me.....????

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 12:38:48 PM »
ahum, sorry, we sort of want to chicken out of the october 1st gig.....clearly i should have talked this with Mrs DB about this new open mic thing and what about joining that....before entering our names in the list  ;D ;D ;D ;D. She really doesn't want to be on film unedited (recognizable) and i really can't sing...and really i want out of this now  :-[ :-[ :-[

sorry

anyone out here can take the open mic of October 1st from me.....????

Aw that's a shame DB,

I understand though, this is meant to be fun, if she isn't happy it's not worth the worrying.

I'd still love to hear those two songs though, maybe you could record them acoustically still, but make a DB video, all psychedelic and swirly, with the subtitles on the Dutch version..

It's up to you

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
DB Why would you just not film your faces? Film the guitar, or microphone or something instead?
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle