konalavadome

August Song Of The Month *Winner Revealed*

• 54 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »
Hi folks, how do the songs/lyrics of the month comps work - is anyone allowed to vote? Cheers guys!
Becky

yes anyone.

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 10:04:03 PM »
Marvellous, thank you!
Done!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
If you haven't voted yet get your votes in guys! PMs will be going out on the 10th, so vote before I start harassing you! ;)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

theLostLad

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »
Whats the definition of a busker and why aren't they allowed?

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 09:30:42 PM »

Your the definition of a busker...i think they should ,if they have 20 posts or more..but it`s a privilege reserved for regular contributors. :)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »
You are titled dependent on how many posts you have done on the forum, for example 1-100 posts = busker status, 101-200 posts= solo gig status (they aren't the exact figures but they give you an idea).
When they decided the rules of the competition, they said that to prevent forum 'drive bys' they would only consider anything from 'solo gig' status or above for the competition, this was also to motivate people to actively participate on the forum.
HOWEVER, anyone can vote from the list of nominees, so get your vote in before the 15th of September!
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

theLostLad

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
Right that makes sense. I honestly thought you were disallowing people playing solo acoustic guitar, doh!  :D

Its been a long day (but the garden is looking better).

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »
Jess I have voted, had a massive listen to lots of songs can't believe how busy everyone has been and I've missed so many great songs.  The forum seems to have had a lot of songs up for review lately - I wish I could be that productive  ;D

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
PMs are going out right NOW!!!

Huge hugs to everyone that's voted, but to all of those who haven't be prepared for some intense harassment :)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 04:49:50 AM »

Huge hugs to everyone that's voted, but to all of those who haven't be prepared for some intense harassment :)

I'm trying not to sound TOTALLY stupid.... but here goes.   How smart do you have to be in order to figure out HOW to vote? 

I've listened to the songs, made my selection, and just figured out that I don't really know where the "polling station" is. 

How DOES this work?
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »

I'm trying not to sound TOTALLY stupid.... but here goes.   How smart do you have to be in order to figure out HOW to vote? 

I've listened to the songs, made my selection, and just figured out that I don't really know where the "polling station" is. 

How DOES this work?
You have to 'PM' aka personal message me. There's a title as the top of the forum page that says 'my messages' (it's on the same bar as the home, help, logout, buttons).
Once your in your messages, there's a little box to the left that says 'new message' where you can compose your message and search for my profile so the message privately sends to me :)
(It's a lot simpler than it sounds :P)

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »
WE'VE HIT 30 VOTES!!! LET'S KEEP THEM COMING AND SEE IF WE CAN MAKE IT 40!!!!!!!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 07:11:39 AM »
WE'RE ALMOST AT 40 voters!!!!! LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 08:13:59 AM »
WE'VE HIT 40 VOTERS!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!!!!

Jess

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
RESULTS WILL GO UP LATER TONIGHT (probably after xfactor ;) ;D)