Wasting Time

• 18 Replies

Kafla

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »
Yep it worked for me..nice to hear your accent and see you tiny guitar.(what is it?)

If i had not dropped my camera the other day i could show my place and what a mess that is..still i`m not married so it doesn't matter!!

Cheers STC - I haven't forgotten about silver lady btw - it's all programmed - I just need to lay down the vocal

The guitar is my Maton mini diesel - I love it and its totally different to my Martin - you should hear it plugged in - you would never guess it was so small  :D

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »
Finally got back for that listen.  (I'm still not familiar with the board and how to find things once I find them). 

I was really impressed with the composition and the vocals/lyrics. 

I think it's a really well written song.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
I really enjoyed this live performance, my ironing pile in the living room  :o dictates that  live performance shall never happen (that and the fact that I look fatter when I'm sitting down and the goose has got fat and it's not even Christmas  ;D - perhaps a thinner me might though....!)

This has got good potential, I love it best when you go all acoustic and your voice has come on leaps and bounds.  I'd finish it if I were you.
x

(I'd change it to 'ironing time' ! )

theLostLad

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
Definitely worth pursuing. I think a bit more restraint in the verse, more breathe-y vocals.  You've got a good chorus there, but I'm not hearing anything gospely, but I really like the staccato vocal delivery (the 'would you, would you...' bit). Its the delivery as much as the melody that creates the hook in this instance. I'm going to break ranks with the other suggestions and say keep it raw, veer away from wall of sound, gospel choirs etc! Church or hammond organ a good suggestion though.