konalavadome

come in my love.....new production by BOYDIE!!!!

• 49 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 03:52:23 AM »
WOW.... Nuff said.  Just imagine how Boydie would have done if this was in his comfort zone. 

I suspect his comfort zone is bigger than he's giving it credit for.  Amazing song, amazing mix, and amazing degree of improvement from the unmixed version. 

GOD I LOVE THIS FORUM.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »
Thank you for listening!!!

Stylus, if you're small fry, we should get cooking something up a storm v soon!

Sing4me, i am equally as ignorant of production......so i really don't know quite what Boydie did to the vocals.....all i know is that whatever it was was pretty pain staking! I think the majority of the changes were about timing and enunciation, rather than tone, but i think he worked some kind of magic to make it all sound generally more "professional"...... But it's all a bit of a mystery to me!... The original version is on my soundcloud too if you're interested in comparing the two.... And I'm sure Boydie would be able to explain what magic he worked....

Flossie, thank you so much! I'm so delighted that you liked it.....i've had a chance to listen to a couple of your songs, and they're soooooo good, and your singing is just incredible, so I'm over the moon that you liked this! If you have any advice on avoiding the mouth sounds when recording, whether through technique or technology, I'd be incredibly grateful! Not sure I'm at the point of pitching anything yet.....think I need to build a bit of a catalogue and improve my skills first....

Hardtwist, thank you!! I agree, I think Boydie could work some magic on anything!! And also, I LOVE THIS FORUM TOO!!!!!

Kafla and Jamie, thank you both so much for listening / listening again!

;D  ;D  ;D

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
Well I have only heard the "remixed" version (might want to post a link on page one, was hard to find!)

Reminds me a little of the awesome "Kate Havnevik"

https://soundcloud.com/katehavnevik

...That was until Boydie starting fret board w@nking all over the electronic folk ;)

The "alone in the night" sections needs to be EQ'ed and panned more carefully to build upon the layering which is lovely.

The whole track could benefit from a greater stretch in Lows to Highs. We have touched upon this before Paul :) However I imagine much is down to the source files.

The track has a weird mix of modern and 80s rock ballad. It sits uncomfortably in either and kind of carves it's own way. I like that.
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 05:49:41 PM »

Beckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

Somet'zzz    Kookinnnnnnnnnnn!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 10:32:23 PM »
Hey James, I'm afraid I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to mixing stuff.....but I really appreciate the advice (and hopefully someday I'll understand it too!  ;) )

Your description of the style made me smile!.....well it's weird and, like the other one, weird wasn't exactly the aim, but somehow i like it.... I told Boydie i thought it belonged in the Labyrinth soundtrack....and of course I'll have Bowie and goblins in my music video!

Never heard of Kate H....I'll check her out - thanks for the tip!

Stylus, get your frying pan smokin hot  ;D