konalavadome

Say it (a politically incorrect video)

• 12 Replies

Dutchbeat

« on: August 24, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »
 ;D ;D please keep an open mind...

i just made a sort of 'wrong' video (using clips from others, btw), about differences between men and women...communication problems between the sexes...etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iR81rBeWM&feature=youtu.be

the song is: Say it to my face from Steve and a Ducthman (formely known as Dutchbin, who are formerly known as Binladeda and Dutchbeat). Lyrics are from Sing4me88. Vocals from CalmLondon and Mrs. DB

even though i used videos from commercials and others, i am sort of proud of the result at the moment...to be honest, i also mixed some of the sounds from the video through our Orginal song...well i put in a lot of time.... ;D ;D just to try things.. but feel free to rip it apart.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:15:35 PM by Dutchbeat »

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:41:42 PM »
Hi,

That was a whole load of fun. Great vid. Enjoyed the song as well. Quirky as ever.
Good group collab.
Now, how do i get you to make a vid for me? :)

The biggest difference between men and women? Women never forget.

Nice one,

Digger

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »
thanks very much Digger!
and, how?: just send me the track, i would love to try and make a video for you

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
Seriously? That would be way too cool.

Does it have to be a happy track, or could you do something for a unhappy one? Only we're putting the final touches to what is my fave song so far. If you could do a vid for that it would be awesome.

Cheers,

Digger

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
Hi Digger, i really like your music
happy or unhappy, both are ok to me!!! and off course, your fave sounds good for trying this

send a song you would like to try some images with, and i will give it my best shot

you get to veto all of it anyway

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:59:34 PM »
Excellent - will do.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
Hi DB,
           great work on the vid. I love it. It's so funny and it fits the sentiment of the song so well :)

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »

Hey Dutch,

Excellent vid mate....clever stuff.  Not so sure about the invitation to sue me though ;D ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »
Good stuff guys,

Looks like you sorted the editing software then Dutchy, what program are you using now?

I'm not sure what sort of feedback you are looking for as it's in the WIP section, is it for the song, or video? or both?

I think the song sounds pretty good, the vocals seem to have a bit more clarity than some of your others, as discussed before ;D So that's a good step forward.

For the video, it is very 'Dutchbeat' in it's style, which is cool, I wonder still about the repetition of clips though. I know how hard it is to fill several minutes of timeline though so I understand your approach, you are approaching it as though you were putting a song together, with recognisable parts to return to, similar to chorus's. It does fit well with the song style, I can imagine the video being played, along with the song, on screens in a nightclub.

hab..

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »
... er .... !
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

Dutchbeat

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
...Er..?
@ Shiny, that certainly is the briefest review i have recieved, but is it good or bad? i would guess bad

Kafla

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
All good guys - sounds a little like 'knocking on heavens door ' melody wise

Love the video

You really do put so much into this forum DB - it would be a real sad place without you  :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 04:24:07 PM »
well, thank you Kafla, you almost make me blush, almost... :-[

and i am so glad to see you back at these boards!!!!