Reboot

• 12 Replies

kiltimaghlad

• Busker
« on: July 18, 2013, 08:32:10 PM »
This is rough idea i have been writing of late I think it might sound better on a piano. 

https://soundcloud.com/kiltimaghlad/reboot

Reboot.

brings us closer
Whose going to listen
To  what we say
Those friends
will just ignore us

Cast  out their stones
From their glass houses
What have we  done to
Deserve this?

We are older
And it's harder
for us to overcome

and the words
and silence

Wash out their  hands
Of those guilty plans
Pontious Pilate
Of no conscience

Eye for an eye
Will make us blind
We must forget them
And leave it behind.

A reboot will save us
A reboot will change us
And make them see

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »
I think it sounds good on guitar. I think a piano might make it sound a little brighter, something to avoid in my view.

I know you've called it reboot, but I don't think the fade out goes with the initial verses. I get the impression that you (the singer) have been misunderstood  and ignored. I also get the impression that you think you are right and the others wrong. So why would you want to change? Surely those in the wrong should change?

I may be missing something in the song. If I am please ignore what I've said.

Apart from feeling a bit odd about the fade out I think it is a very good song with a dark undertow.

diadem

kiltimaghlad

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »
I think it sounds good on guitar. I think a piano might make it sound a little brighter, something to avoid in my view.

I know you've called it reboot, but I don't think the fade out goes with the initial verses. I get the impression that you (the singer) have been misunderstood  and ignored. I also get the impression that you think you are right and the others wrong. So why would you want to change? Surely those in the wrong should change?

I may be missing something in the song. If I am please ignore what I've said.

Apart from feeling a bit odd about the fade out I think it is a very good song with a dark undertow.

diadem

Hey thank you for taking the time to listen mate, your interpretation is very correct although when i say reboot I dont want to change my way of being it just means to move away from a hurtful situation.

To reboot is to reborn and start a fresh and surround ones self with people that love you.

I will try it on piano eventually when I get my keyboards set up, but I will take on board your advice about it sounding bright.

I will see how it sounds...as I say its a rough sketch this and very much not complete. So its a work in progress. 

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »
No problem. "Reboot" must be a generational thing. I associate it with trying to mend a bust computer.

It may be worth avoiding slang terms as it tends to date a song to a particular period. The rest of the lyrics could apply at any time in history, so why link it to the early part of the 21th century.

I don't hear much wrong with the song, as I said I like the mood created by the guitar.

If you do alter it I look forward to hearing the results.

You may like to read the rules about how many songs you can post, just a friendly suggestion.

diadem

kiltimaghlad

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »
No problem. "Reboot" must be a generational thing. I associate it with trying to mend a bust computer.

It may be worth avoiding slang terms as it tends to date a song to a particular period. The rest of the lyrics could apply at any time in history, so why link it to the early part of the 21th century.

I don't hear much wrong with the song, as I said I like the mood created by the guitar.

If you do alter it I look forward to hearing the results.

You may like to read the rules about how many songs you can post, just a friendly suggestion.

diadem

Sorry I wasnt aware until now. Sorry and thanks.

Take care.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
'Reboot' is an absolutely fantastic title.

Best title I've heard for ages.

You have got to be a huge Radiohead/Thom Yorke fan?

I love the guitar. It's perfect. Just needs recording better.

The lyrics are a bit random at the moment but that's just editing.

Well done.

theLostLad

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
Mostly works really well, especially the 'a reboot...' ending. I think the lyrics need a bit of work, they are quite enigmatic which is fine, but I'd like to see a little bit more of a rhyme scheme. Harmonies are nice.

kiltimaghlad

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »
'Reboot' is an absolutely fantastic title.

Best title I've heard for ages.

You have got to be a huge Radiohead/Thom Yorke fan?

I love the guitar. It's perfect. Just needs recording better.

The lyrics are a bit random at the moment but that's just editing.

Well done.

Yeah i do like thom yorke mate. very much. much of his work is composed around rhythm these days.

Yeah its rough sketch. Almost live. I may try this on piano. same notes as the guitar

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
Sounds good to me...rebooting is definitely what you do to a crashed PC or a crashing relationship...unfortunately a reboot doesn't always work in either case and you have to erase the memory and start again.

Stick with guitar. Guitar is good. Piano is...well, you're heading in the Keane/Coldplay direction if you choose piano and that's not good. But, then I'm a guitarist, so I would play that.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
Really like this...getting Turin Brakes as well as RDHEAD....wish i could be as composed as you to do this style of song....

benjo

• Stadium Tour

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:02 PM »
Very good song, loved the guitar and singing. I think it would sound good as a bigger production. Keep the acoustic guitar to the front but use bass,keys and drums to build the emotion.

Look forward to a bigger sound! ;D

Cheers
Jamie

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
To me it sounds perfect as it is (maybe one could edit or patch a few creaking noises here and there - but they  actually belong in the live atmosphere).

In the printed lyrics you left out a line after
"and the words
and silence":

brings us closer [there should be no "s"]

Great title (I'm sure to steal it sometime - but I write for rock msuic, so the titles won't 'collide').

Cheers,
Bernd
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)