Band seeking Lyricist

• 9 Replies

yesayes

• Busker
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »
Seeking Lyricist for our upcoming Songs.

please take a look at

if this sounds interesting to you please email us:

lyricist@yesayes.com

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
OK this is one way to do it the other ..

I think try visiting the lyrics page .. go through the postes .. you might get something you like .. which might fit with few changes .. or you might PM the writer .. and you'll get what you wont ..

I think that also will help you know the writers too ..  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers ..

yesayes

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:10:02 PM »
hi Saeed

thanks for the hint.

we wanted to let you listen to our sound first - so you get an impression, what we're up to.

we'll look into your suggestion, thanks.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:29 PM »
I'll have a little listen tomorrow, but I write lyrics, so you never know :)
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
Great Jess .. go for it ..

Hello yesayes .. I'll listen at you work sure .. this is what we do here .. listen to each others work .. and comment .. and I wish if you would do the same ..   :D :D

I write my own lyrics .. music and I do the production too .. and Jess is great .. like many here .. I hope you'll get what you wont ...

cheers ..

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »
Hi Yesayes, enjoyed listening to that, good sound.

I'm surprised you are not overwhelmed with offers but you want to consider explaining a bit more about what you want, what musical style you're after? is that clip a typical example of your stuff? Do you want just lyrics or lyrics plus vocal melody? Do you want chords and the basic song or will you be writing and arranging all that yourself?

My own stuff is mostly guitar based so I guess wouldn't fit with your style (based on that clip), but feel free to pm me if you hear anything you like on my 'demos' on https://soundcloud.com/gtbr

Good luck
GTB
GTB

yesayes

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:31:48 PM »
thanks for your feedback.

we have other songs than the one online - and we primarily seek a pure lyricist for our songs.

like the link we posted: it's a nice song but it actually has no lyrics because we start always onomatopoeic - and we have more of those - and need a lyricist to finish them.

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 02:59:03 PM »

please take a look at

Just had a listen, so different to anything I've heard, but really cool. Going to have this in my head all day now...*sings* Eternityyyyyyyyyyyyy
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

Bernd

• Solo Gig
    • Bernd's Lyrics
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 12:29:08 PM »
Not bad at all ;-)

Check out what I've written so far - but beware: it's a lot! http://bernd-harmsen.de

And never mind that I'm German, too. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Good luck with your upcoming projects!
Bernd

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:18:04 PM by Bernd »
Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician
likes rock but writes for anybody anyway ;-)

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 11:33:45 PM »
Not bad at all ;-)

Check out what I've written so far - but beware: it's a lot! http://bernd-harmsen.de

And never mind that I'm German, too. Nothing worng with that, is there?

Good luck with your upcoming projects!
Bernd

You can follow the link at the bottom of this page, listen to a few of my lyrics, and if you like them, I could send mp3 versions of lyrics I've added to other people's music in the past. 

On the reverbnation site, the song "An Unwilling Witness to all that Remains" is an instrumental I added music to (with the author's permission.).

The song "Heaven Won't Have Me" is an instrumental I purchased from a musician named Paul Newett, and added the lyrics to. 

On the second page, the songs "Flying Away" and "Starting Tonight" are lyrics added to instrumentals (with the authors' permission in each case). 

Lots of others including some well known works that I don't have permission to use, but could let you listen to privately. 

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.