I've noticed....

• 37 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »
So it's you Neil ..

Who pushed the song to reach more then 1000 play .. and you too flossie ..  ;D ;D

the best way don't leave the player to go to the related part .. stop the song you are hearing immediately .. that way you will not hear my song .. or clear the related section .. how I don't really know you could alway ask sound cloud guys .. and tell us .. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Seems to be always there on mine as well......what sort of monkey business are you up too? :)

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 10:24:46 PM »
What Monkey .. What Business ..

it's  sound cloud's monkey .. and I don't have any thing to do with it .. but my name is got in the middle of this .. but hay .. the number of play of the song reached 1038 and counting .. that's great ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers ..

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »
You can add me to the sound cloud fan list as well Saeed.   I am thinking of buying sound cloud so I can swap Saeeds song with one of my own ;)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »
i agree Diadem, but we have been doing that for months and months already in the past, in my case it starts to become years even

i think, we are always quite polite, but once in a while we just want to express our grumpiness....so this i hope was my old grumpiness for the next few weeks

i am just hoping people can behave a bit by themselves, to be honest

because it seems so basic, common sense, simple manners

that most people have, but unfortunately some really don't

and to Saeed, that (see Neils post for instance) is a becoming an issue as far as i am concerned, every time i listen to a soundcloud song from a forumite

and i dose off, or get really into the song, and forget to stop it at the end

i get this one song from you, which i really liked, you know that...

but i have heard these first measures like at least a hundred times now.... :P
and it is starting to get too much, sorry

i don't know how that works (do you?), but other people are also sending me PMs, saying they are starting to have trouble with hearing the same tune every time after a siundcloud listen, it seems many forumites are hearing the exact same song after they listened to whatever song from a forum member via this forum when having been linked to soundcloud

how does that work?

do you know how that works, and is it possible to vary in the songs we hear

i really don't have a clue
sorry, Saeed, it is a great song, but it really starts to become a bit like a non-pleasure to hear it this way

sorry, but i felt i had to bring this issue up

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:24 PM »

i agree with you DB
Saeed, you are a well respected and valued on the forum so please dont get the wrong idea,
there must be a happy solution to this..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
This is a long standing issue, not only with this forum but also with others. This discussion has been had many times before and there appears to be no solution. If one thinks back to last year it is this very reason that caused Tina to leave the forum.

I used to comment on every song posted but have become disillusioned with that practice and now only comment on those that participate according to the guidelines, it has reduced my workload to an easily managed amount.

It is interesting to note that every poster in this thread I hold in high regard. We are the interested people who support the forum. We don't see it as just another avenue to post a song and check back a few days later to read all the nice stuff people have said about them while they have no intention in 'wasting' any of their valuable time in helping and encouraging others.

I think if we all made concerted efforts to remind newbies of the rules and refrain from posting on their submissions until they begin to reciprocate we may have some positive effect. The only ones we would put off are the flyby night bludgers.

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:45 AM »
I think the solution is fairly simple. For new people in the first flush of excitement, a polite point to the rules. If this doesn't work a polite I see you haven't reviewed many songs/lyrics yet, we are all here to help each other that's what makes the forum work. It could be done by pm if that is felt appropriate.

For people who come on every time they have a song and disappear something like, "you have been on the forum x months/years and have put up z songs. During this time you have reviewed y songs/lyrics. As a reminder here's the link to our rules. You may like to take this opportunity to review somebody's work other than your own." I'm not sure if we have these stats, but the paragraph could be varied if not.

It would act as a reminder to other posters to make sure they review people's work and also tell regular contributors that the person posting is selfish.

As a yorkshireman I think this is polite. I could have been a lot blunter. Of course if you think I've gone too far you could amend it and make it politer.

diadem

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:38 AM »
I'm rubbish with computer stuff, but is it possible to display a counter under each persons name, like the number of posts counter, but displaying the number of songs posted vs the number of songs reviewed. Might be a bit more subtle than a slap across the face with a wet fish, but perhaps if new users saw ratios of 10 or 15 to 1 in favour of reviewing, they might see how we work.

That said, i agree with the overall consensus of it just being good manners. I try to listen to all the songs, even the ones which i know i probably won't like, but i tend to draw a line at the ones which just have the link and "Review, please!"

I used to be on a story writing forum and there you had to earn review credits before you were able to post. So you'd read so many stories and this allowed you to post one of your own. Not sure how the programming side worked, but the system did.

Cheers

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »
I'm a member in US forum .. and it says clearly .. 3 reviews minimum for each post ..

that's said .. but over all that forum compared to this one .. that forum is dead .. I'm not saying that the rules made it dead .. but no life in it .. plus there feedback is of not great degree of value .. most of what I had was grammar checking .. but after that .. no one bothers .. I did review few of there work .. not that I was different then them in the feedback value .. but over all it did not change a thing .. the forum is like privet club .. now that is what I'm afraid of .. by pushing few we might end up elitist ..

you did talk about song posting .. but no word about producers .. who come and post a request for a writer .. singer .. lyricist .. and never review any thing and he or she gets it the PM .. I think because every body needs them ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D

by the way Dutchbeat .. what sound cloud is doing is not of my business .. and what ever dis comfort you get from it .. I'm not responsible for it too .. my advise to every one .. you don't like it switch to ReverbeNation you wont get this problem there ..

now said that .. please forgive me .. if I see this as a blame thrown upon my shoulder .. in which I don't have any control .. which is sorry to say .. really not nice feeling ..

and it's not funny any more ..

Sorry .. but I had to say it after all this time ..

Thank you all ..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 12:53:07 PM »
This is going a bit daft as usual.....difficult to manage this without stricter moderating or software that prevents protocol infringements.

And Sa`eed do us a favour.. block your song from public viewing then that  tune will stop...sorry if thats harsh..but there you are. ;)

Iv`e muted you to see if it works,,don`t blame SC when its in your power to do something about it,,theirs at least 5 of us who are experiencing this problem.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:20:23 PM by songsthatcry »

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
That's harsh songsthatcry ..

what power you take about .. make my song privet is the power .. I hope you work in United nations you seems to have easy ways to solve problems ..

BY THE WAY I'VE DELETED THE SONG FROM SOUND CLOUD .. HAPPY NOW EVERY BODY .. OR SHOULD I STOP POSTING MY MUSIC ALL TOGETHER .. IT MIGHT MAKE MANY HAPPY IT SEEMS ..

GOOD LUCK GUYS .. AND THANK YOU ALL ..

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 01:39:48 PM »
This is starting to sound like my kids arguing over the XBox...

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »
That's harsh songsthatcry ..

what power you take about .. make my song privet is the power .. I hope you work in United nations you seems to have easy ways to solve problems ..

BY THE WAY I'VE DELETED THE SONG FROM SOUND CLOUD .. HAPPY NOW EVERY BODY .. OR SHOULD I STOP POSTING MY MUSIC ALL TOGETHER .. IT MIGHT MAKE MANY HAPPY IT SEEMS ..

GOOD LUCK GUYS .. AND THANK YOU ALL ..

Yes that was easy....wasn't it,,maybe i should work for the UN....

I`m glad you took the right step ,but you could have made it private...?

Your a contentious figure Sa`eed..you know you are.....you seem to think it`s funny that(that) song hits us every time on SC,,it was making going on there not very pleasurable....

So well done mate...now chase them up and find out why it seems to be `linked` to many of us on here....not a coincidence is it ???

"GOOD LUCK GUYS .. AND THANK YOU ALL .."...BTW don`t get all noble and threat to quit the forum..no-ones asking that of you...also in my experience when peeps do that..no-one gives a damn anyway..theirs way too many new members joining and you will be quickly forgotten.... :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:58:03 PM by songsthatcry »

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
I've been in or around this forum for a few years now (OK, been quiet recently, long story) and it seems to be that every 6 months or so the new members notice that there is a perceived "more take than give situation".  :-\
This is commented upon.
This develops into some short and minor flaming, some toys are thrown out of the pram and then everything gets back to normal........ until there is another "critical mass" of new members.  ::)

......AND YET THE FORUM GOES ON.  ;D  We've just had a couple of well supported "competitions" and some great collaborations. It seems rather unproductive to get upset over something that can be easily ignored and lose all the benefits and opportunities this forum gives you.

My suggestion is just let it go.  ;)

Beware, I will be back soon..... 8)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
Hi Saeed,

don't take this personal, please, i don't know how that works, and i was wondering how it worked, i guess a machine / prgram in soundcloud does that, but i hope we can just say that it was becoing a bit too much. As moderator i get messages of people saying they hear this song everytime after every listen, i had the same experience, i saw some post about it earlier, and i wanted to bring this up, i just felt it was time to bring this up, ok? That doesn't say at all that that song is not very ok, or that your songwriting is not very ok, because it is IMO, but this started to annoy people, so can we point it out please, i mean just say it....I am pretty sure that anyone, and you too, would have the exact same problem, if not bigger, if is was one of my songs  ;D ;D ;D.....( yes, i am pretty sure  ;D ;D ;D ;D you or other forumites would get fed up with that very quickly ;D ;D ;D), any song would do that......it is like listening to the radio and everytime a song was played that one song came back....but i have no clue how that works......i just wanted to point it out, and i think i should have because this was really getting mentioned by people as something that struck them, started to bother them, i am sorry but several people started to have problems with it

is it ok to say that??????Do you want to know that....or do you just want people to get annoyed...and not say it

you don't have to delete that perfect song at all, it is really good IMO, and i prefer to be able to listen to it if it is available, but not every time i doze off to someone else's song and forget to press stop after that song is finished. Saeed i have really heard it that way many, many  times and at a certain point that starts to get me, and after a while even the first measures start to do that, i am sorry, but it really works that way, for me it does

i don't see what the United Nations have to do with that at all, btw, but i can see some paralell with a place where they supposedly used a Madonna record over and over as a torture, any super hit record can become difficult if you hear it over and over

and it is still a fine hit record. But my point is, and i think of the others, that we should be able to say this is happening..... I would be the last one to understand how that works, why that happens, i just joined soundcloud three weeks ago, let us just be able to say something about it without getting the UN involved  ;D ;D ;D ;D, or do you prefer it everyone notes it and becoming annoyed about it, but not mention it to you?????

come on Saeed, you will understand this, this really was started get an issue for several forumites and therefore some remarks about it were made. This is not saying the same thing as: the song is no good, your music is no good, not at alll

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:19:31 PM by Dutchbeat »