HardTwistMusic from Salem, Oregon, USA

• 17 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:12:43 PM »
Saeed Alsuri (who is a member here) suggested to me that I join this forum. 

He thinks, and speaks VERY highly of you all.  He thinks this is a great forum. 

After tooling around a bit, I think so too. 

I was in Scotland in the Military back in 1974/75.  I remember who passionately people played AND LISTENED TO music in the whole U.K. 

I have a huge body of songs that are just waiting for a real musician to polish them, and make the instrumental parts function correctly.  I'm not a musician, and don't have a musician's ear.  I drag and drop notes onto a staff on the computer to write music.  Sometimes it works well, sometimes it's out of key and awful to every ear but mine. 

I apologize in advance.  I posted several responses before noticing that I should come and introduce myself. 

Anyone who wishes can listen to what I do at    www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter   

Thank you in advance for what I know will be a marvelous experience.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »
Welcome Hardtwist, it is a great forum, it has a really nice atmosphere.

Salem sounds cool, are there any witches there?  :D

And Oregon, isn't that where they do all the tree logging?, I watched a series on those guys once, brave stuff!!

Enjoy the forum!

hab

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »
Hello hardtwistmusic ..

Welcome to our very nice great forum .. where people are friendly and nice .. cooperative and helping ..

you need to dive in and review songs .. I think you will be a great help for many in our forum lyrics division ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D

welcome again ..

Cheers ..

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »

And Oregon, isn't that where they do all the tree logging?, I watched a series on those guys once, brave stuff!!

hab

Regarding witches....   "O)   "Not anymore."   

Regarding the logging.  There are many parts to Oregon.  There are mountains and trees.  There is high desert.  There is a cliff intensive receding coastline, and sandy (if somewhat cold) beaches. 

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »
Hello hardtwistmusic ..

Welcome to our very nice great forum .. where people are friendly and nice .. cooperative and helping ..

you need to dive in and review songs .. I think you will be a great help for many in our forum lyrics division ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D

welcome again ..

Cheers ..

Hi Saeed:  Thank you sooooo much for referring me here.  This place seems like heaven.  I don't know if you noticed it, but the U.S. forums I'm on both have this strange (to me) individualistic mindset and no one is really thinking about collaborating. 

Here, it seems like most people want to work together.  I love this.

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »

hab

Regarding witches....   "O)   "Not anymore."   

Regarding the logging.  There are many parts to Oregon.  There are mountains and trees.  There is high desert.  There is a cliff intensive receding coastline, and sandy (if somewhat cold) beaches. 

Shame about the witches  :D I guess they are a bit outdated in these digital times  ;D

I forget that those US states are huge, probably bigger than the whole of the UK.

Welcome aboard

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33:30 PM »
I told you Ver ..

You'll love it here .. you and many others in those forum deserve to be with us here .. I hope they will join too .. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and welcome again ..

Cheers ..

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 02:14:02 AM »

Shame about the witches  :D I guess they are a bit outdated in these digital times  ;D

I forget that those US states are huge, probably bigger than the whole of the UK.

Welcome aboard

A medium size flap arose when Wikipedia described The U.K. as "slightly smaller than Oregon."

It now says it's "about the same size." 

But it's not the size that creates so many different geographical systems.  It's the altitude and the effect of the mountains on the weather.  :O)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I'll have a listen to your music on Reverb later today. I hope you find what you're looking for.

diadem

Dutchbeat

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »
Welcome Hardtwistmusic,

your way of making music sounds intersting, just building a song note by note by ear???

fascinating!

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
Welcome Hardtwistmusic,

your way of making music sounds intersting, just building a song note by note by ear???

fascinating!

It has evolved into a far more complex process than that.  I now have a chord generator, and am "constructing" an understanding of compatible chords.  I also have numerous cheat sheets for compatible chords and chord progressions.

What has been interesting is how much better the old songs (made by just putting sounds that I liked together without any understanding of theory) get better when I apply new knowledge to them .... TO A POINT.  Some of them are ruined when I pattern them. 

There is a freedom to ignorance, and a different kind of freedom to knowledge and learning. 

It's been good to experience BOTH kinds of "freedom."

And, btw... putting sounds together is how the great composers wrote in the old days.  In Beethoven's time (I have read) there was no "chord theory" or "standard chord progressions".  They just had phenomenal ears. 

I do NOT have "phenomenal ears" but I love music, and try hard.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
ah, just to be sure...i was fascinated, not having an opinion of any kind about it  :P

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
Hey there!! Have fun posting on the forum!!
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 07:33:01 PM »
Hi & Welcome...............Welcome & i               ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »
Hi Hardtwistmuic,
70's eh, they were the days.... (see that would start a massive argument in some parts of the internet :-) )
Welcome.
GTB
GTB