Any body is using Reaper 4 ??

• 6 Replies

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:14:09 AM »
Hello Guys ..

I wonder any body is using Reaper 4 ??? .. I'm thinking of switching from cubase 4 to Reaper 4 .. cause of the CPU usage ..

is there a shot way to get me started .. I have the program .. I manage the basic things .. like adding tracks .. Effects .. but the function of increasing the level of the volume in the track is not there like Cubase ..

in cubase the track has a leaver .. when I select it .. clicking and holding that leaver .. and moving the mouse up it increase the level of the track .. down decrease the level .. it's great for importing wave files which has low levels ..

but this function is not there in Reaper .. or may be it's there but I don't know how to do it ..  :D :D

Any insight will be appreciated .. ;D ;D ;D

Thank you ...

Cheers ..

Dutchbeat

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
Hi Saeed, yes that function is there, but you can select different viewer in Reaper, you want to go to the menu called "view" at the top of your screen and select: mixer

it is all there, and more than you can imagine so it is really worthwhile to invest in working with reaper
(i have used Cubase for ages before this)

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »
Thank you DB ..

for the tip .. I'll check it now ..

do you know any youtube fast tutorial ?? takes you through ??       ;D ;D ;D ;D

thanks again ..

Cheers ..

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »
No DB the mixer is not it .. it has faders ..

I found it by chance .. it's right click the mouse .. and select Take and then Take volume envelope .. and many more .. it's great software ..

thanks any way ..

Cheers ..

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
I use Reaper off and on. I don't think you will really see much improvement in CPU usage.

All the standard stuff you can find in Cubase and any DAW is there in Reaper.

Try the website for tutorials/info, theres loads of good stuff.

But I've always found there is nothing better than a bottle of coke and a good few hours alone with the manual....  ;)

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:29:13 AM »
I'm afraid that I'll disagree with you Ramshackles .. on the CPU matter ..

I did have a file in Cubase 4 .. chocking while playback because of using 3 or 4 vst plugins .. when I imported the files tracks to Reaper added the same number of vst .. the playback was normal .. in fact I've add two more vst plugins and still played fine .. that was not possible on Cubase 4 ..

so I found the strain on CPU by Reaper is less by far then Cubase 4 ..

thank you for the tip about manual .. I tend to forget what I read easily .. so going back and forth between the manual and the software .. take more time then watching a video .. ;D ;D ;D ;D

thank you again ..

Cheers man ..

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
Last night I've done my fist mix with Reaper ..  ;D ;D ;D

the song is posted in finished songs page ..  :D :D :D

Titled How Long ..

tell me what you think as far as Reaper is the subject .. I think better in this thread .. what say you all ..   :D :D :D

Cheers ..