remixed Kafla song.....

• 4 Replies

Dutchbeat

« on: August 13, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
Hi you all ;D ;D ;D extremely talented and beautiful  :-* :-* :-* :-*songwriters from all over the world  :-*,
 :o :o :o
i got the opportunity :-* :-* :-* 8) 8) 8) to (re)mix one of Kafla's recent songs. For the very new Forumites, Kafla was / is one of the regular forumites, but he has a little break from the forum at the moment (Yoohoo, Kafla, come back!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!  :o :o :o).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVcIDjzApQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKIka_VENBJcBRbs60GGq2w

so Kafla gave me some tracks of this song to mix and play around with, Mrs. DB added vocals, and to my suprise i also found some vocals of Flossie on one of the tracks.... ;D ;D ;D ;D (sorry Flossie, i hope it is ok i put this up here, if not i will take it down right away). I started to add some images, but as i was thinking i am getting somewhere with the mix...i might as well put this up for feedback in the work in progress section, hoping to get some pointers on this from thé best songwritingforum this universe has to offer (and yes, Tone 8) 8) 8) 8), you know that is true  ;D ;D ;D)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:20:44 PM by Dutchbeat »

Peppermint

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »
Hmmm it's very unique in a dutchbeat sort of way :)

Sounds like your other songs that you've made which to me are all unique in your own sort of way.
Not sure what it is but there's something in your music that i can instantly recognize that its one of yours.

Not bad though not bad at all.

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
yeah where is the great man these days....

haha you can tell its a dutchbeat production mind, theres that much going on in there, vocally especially, it certanly keeps your ears peeled and your wide awake listening! am digging the moon and the stars chorus!

wheres bin with his guitar to set it on fire?
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »
Hey Dutchy,

I like this one, it's got a very summery feel about it, quite latino-ish  :) It reminds me of Ibiza nightclubs, it's very good.

I'd say that as always with your mixes, you tend to work heavily on adding effects to the vocals and blending them in, almost as another instrument, which is really cool but it loses clarity and people keep commenting on it, asking you to bring them forward a bit or remove the distortion. It is of course your style but I'd love to hear something with a much clearer vocal line, maintaining all the other crazy stuff you love to do. Just clear some stuff out when the vocal is singing and give it room to breathe. Listen to this link, from about 2min to just after the 3 min mark the vocal has it's own space, then goes all crazy distorted and back into the main mix, that's how I think you could really blow us all away.

I say it like it's easy, it isn't, I can't make cool music like this, but I think YOU can my friend  ;D

hab..

p.s. Where is Kafla? He is still posting songs on soundcloud and getting lots of listens, is he frequenting another bar?  :o :D 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:51:50 PM by habiTat »

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »
thanks for listening and the feedback, Habi, MOSP and Peppermint

habi, you are right i do need to clean this up, and i always find that very difficult (i have trouble to leave things out, you know, to really delete (or mute  ;D) things but i have start being a man about that, because it is the comment that comes back every time when i post anything on this forum, and i just know these comments must be right)

but luckily  i will get a shot at doing that  ;D ;D ;D because i am in the work in progress section, so i have one more floor up to the finished song section  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ah and @ MOSP, i know i shouldn't...but yes, i also think a trashing and mashing guitar line from BIn would be great for this too....when there not there..it is like the icing on the cake is missing

i will get back on this, just some more work  8) 8) 8)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:44:39 PM by Dutchbeat »