Footprints in the Sand - music added

• 26 Replies

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
Hi GTB,

I liked that, some good guitar playing. I would have ended with an acapella footprints in the sand. The instrumental implies something more was left, at least in my mind.

I thought some the balances between the voice and instruments could be improved. If you want to take a risk I'd like to have a go at re-mixing what you've got. PM me if you're up for it.

diadem

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 11:37:05 PM »
Thanks Nooms, any comparison to Rory Gallagher is always good :-) - (I always regard my vocals as placeholders only)

Hi Diadem, thanks for the comments andI really like the acapella ice, may try that.  You're right about the balances - that's my rough/rushed attempt to do everything at once.  I appreciate the offer to mix it, will pm you on that.
cheers,
GTB
GTB

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
Thanks GTB, if you fancy taking the risk you know where I am.

Looking forward to hearing the finished song.

diadem

Dutchbeat

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »
i think this one slipped through with me....sounds good to me, GTB, guitars and bass work really good, vocals, that is where i think you want to get a vocalist to sing this, i think that is crucial for this song a strong vocal. i hope it is ok to say that, please know i cannot sing at all myself, and for me the drums are not loud and clearly defined enough to really give this song that extra drive. But surely a cool song you have there, with some great guitar work, from 4.30 onwards that is super, but screaming for a nice drumpattern with a clear snare drum IMO

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 09:59:44 PM »
Hi DB,
thanks for the comments and of course you are spot on re vocals and drums.  My vocals are mere place-holders in all my songs (hint to any singers reading this...).  I am considering actually paying for some pro drums to be added for several of my songs (saving up :-S ).  I am hoping to get all the other tracks 'just right' in the meantime (there's a wobble or two on the guitars too :-)
cheers,
GTB
GTB

Kafla

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
chord sequence is immediately grabbing GTB - love the second guitar coming in over the first , and the little acoustic that comes in later on - its quite a landscape you have created  ;D

I realise that you have commented on your vocals - its not that there are bad but more to your credit you can hear how good this would be with an accomplished singer

In terms of songwriting - melody, lyrics and chords - its up there with the best on this forum ;D

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »
Thanks Kafla,
that's great feedback coming from someone with your talent and reputation on here.
GTB
GTB

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »
I loved that you "shifted gears" in the intro instead of waiting for the lyrics to begin and shifting with them. 

That is so unusual in such a good way.  I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where I've ever heard that done before so effectively. 

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

EattheChildren

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »
Oh wow! I love this! I really need to read the rest of the songs in this series. I especially love how different it is from my song by the same name.

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »
Nice build throughout this song and good ideas coming from the guitar playing.

The vocal needs rerecording with less gain but that's already been touched on.

One of the riffing guitars needs compressing. It seems to drop in and out.

5 songs about a werewolf? Very original!

Cheers,

Alan.

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »
Hi EatTheChildren, glad you like it - what a coincidence though!

Thanks Alan, tbh I want to re-record almost all of it except perhaps the acoustic parts.  In fact I bought a SM57 for this very purpose 'cos I couldn't get the right tone off GarageBand (it needs valves cooking) - well that's how I justified £100 anyway :-)

Of the 5 songs in the series two still need work on the lyrics but I'll post the whole set when they are all up to 'demo' status

GTB
GTB

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

Great guitars & overall  a very raw & yet  very powerful song! lyrics,melody & concept wise its
got so much going on that theres enough in this to make it quite outstanding.

I'm impressed         Stylus :)