konalavadome

BBC introducing.. anyone tried it?

• 39 Replies

danproducerman

• Busker
    • www.facebook.com/danscholesproducer
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »
We (King & Scholes) have uploaded a few tracks over the last few months and had them all listened to and then about a month a go we got an email to say they'd played Filia on the BBC Radio Merseyside show!

They loved it apparently and the DJ Dave Monks is keen to hear more with the possibility of us doing a live studio session!

So it does work but like a previous poster said they do tend to veer towards songs with a commercial sound to them. So I'd definitely say its worth a go, keep trying and at the very least it doesn't cost a thing so nothing to lose!

terrysains

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
Oh yes, I've tried it...it is just a matter of time.
I've put a £5:00 deposit on a £15 million pound boat.
Bought an island on h.p. (don't tell the wife)
Sent the Papparatssi my address and I've been practising signing breasts!! (definitely don't tell the wife!)
It is just a matter of time... Terry(I want to be a star) Sains.
Just off to check my Emails...Hello is  anyone there...

Jess

• Stadium Tour
  • Disney Princess in the making
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
Oh yes, I've tried it...it is just a matter of time.
I've put a £5:00 deposit on a £15 million pound boat.
Bought an island on h.p. (don't tell the wife)
Sent the Papparatssi my address and I've been practising signing breasts!! (definitely don't tell the wife!)
It is just a matter of time... Terry(I want to be a star) Sains.
Just off to check my Emails...Hello is  anyone there...
Haha I love this...just remember you've ALWAYS been my FAVOURITE forumite and if you EVER need ANY help spending your 'EARNINGS' I'm right HERE... ;D
"When writing a song, if your afraid to suck, you'll never write a note" -Jeff Boyle

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
... and I've been practising signing breasts!!

You said it would wash off! :(
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »
Just had an email telling me that Mine and Michael's first collab 'Polysemantic Love' has been played on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire!!

Not sure what happens now though, I guess I just wait for the recording contract to drop through the door??  :D :D :D

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:01 PM »
Just had an email telling me that Mine and Michael's first collab 'Polysemantic Love' has been played on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire!!

Not sure what happens now though, I guess I just wait for the recording contract to drop through the door??  :D :D :D

pretty mega! you gonna get the actual clip where dj intoduces it then?
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »

pretty mega! you gonna get the actual clip where dj intoduces it then?

Here ya go, glad you said cos it'll disappear off the iplayer in a few days

https://soundcloud.com/whitewinter-habitat/polysemantic-love-on-bbc-cov

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »
bravo..
well done guys..it begins
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
great song mind! how you manage to get on coventry one, i thought you were from further down london way? am sure they be playing more from you! pretty cool!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 11:24:24 PM »
great song mind! how you manage to get on coventry one, i thought you were from further down london way? am sure they be playing more from you! pretty cool!

Cheers mate, yep I'm an Essex boy but I live near Coventry. When you submit they ask where you live so they can send the song to your local station.

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
ah nice one mate! hey wait til they hear about your concept album haha they'l be getting you in to do a session and to run through it track by track!

arthurwalwin

• Busker
    • Official Website
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »
Worked absolute wonders for me. This time last year, my track got passed on through my local Introducing team to Radio 1 who then playlisted and gave it heavy airplay for a week. Was actually crazy! Had so many opportunities since then.

domstone86

• Open Mic
    • Facebook URL
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 08:27:15 AM »
I got a track played a couple of years back. They sent me a text a few hours before they actually played it. Log into your account in case you missed anything after a couple of weeks.

In terms of coverage, all I know is it was on about 5 stations in the Midlands, no idea how many people heard it, but there were NO hits on my soundcloud as a result lol. Go figure!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
In terms of coverage, all I know is it was on about 5 stations in the Midlands, no idea how many people heard it, but there were NO hits on my soundcloud as a result lol. Go figure!
Haha, but if you think about it, it totally figures. If I hear a song on the radio, I don't need to seek it out on soundcloud. And, if I want to hear it again I can call up the radio show on iPlayer. This works really well if I've forgotten the name of the song or artists (which I do a lot).

As for BBC introducing, I think it's a great thing. But you'd be naive to expect anything from it on its own. Cathy and I uploaded our song to introducing and to Tom Robinson's Fresh on the net blog. We were selected, and chosen as one of that week's favourites, and as a result we were played on BBC6 music - once as part of a Tom Robinsons mixtape, and once on his main show.

Didn't get any hits on soundcloud at all - what did get us plays on soundcloud was being featured on blogs (which took a LOT of emailing and schmoozing generally).

So as part of a distributed effort, I think introducing can be great for giving you extra credibility. But it won't get you anything on its own apart from a very modest PRS payment :p
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Onelabel

• Busker
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »
So as part of a distributed effort, I think introducing can be great for giving you extra credibility. But it won't get you anything on its own apart from a very modest PRS payment :p

I completely agree. BBC introducing creates Local Radio opportunities which can lead into BBC R1/R2 airplay and potentially slots on the BBC Introducing stages. A very useful process to go through but by no means any kind of passport to success (or real label interest).