Trisha's Song

• 4 Replies

jcvamp

• Busker
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
I'm new to writing music. I have started writing a song for my girlfriend. I have uploaded it as a midi file (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87178813/Trisha's%20song.mid), because I composed it in a music program that exports to midi.

The melody is the tune to which the lyrics are sung. The first section is the verse, the second is the pre-chorus, and the third is the chorus. I will be arranging them throughout the song based on the lyrics I come up with. I have some rough lyrics for the first verse, pre-chorus, and chorus.

I've added chords, but I could do with advice on how to build on what I have.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:41:47 PM by jcvamp »

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
hello  jcvamp ..

1st .. welcome to the forum..

2nd .. What program you use for recording your music ?? .. you can visit the Recording section you'll get many tips about soft ware .. recording information .. you could post your inquiry to get you started with good tools ..  :D :D

3rd .. it's good to post the lyrics too .. so we can follow your comments ..

I've herd the midi file .. it's nice music .. with the singing I'm sure it'll be nicer .. good work ..

Cheers ..

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
Hi JCvamp, welcome to the forum! I couldn't open you midifile unfortunately, so if you have another format....

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
Hi JCvamp, welcome to the forum! I couldn't open you midifile unfortunately, so if you have another format....

It works fine for me, you should check your player...I used VLC with a standard MIDI soundfont...

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »
Worked fine for me. I liked the melody. A good beginning looking forward to hearing how you develop it.