Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Very rough experimental work

(1/2) > >>

seriousfun:
I went on a road trip today and listened to some old material of mine. This one is 4 years old so I had only been playing music for 2 years when this was written and recorded. Its very rough. But I thought it might be worth another look. I am interested to hear what is and isn't working before I go to the effort of trying to redo it and salvage something worthwhile.

Don't know where the lyrics are now but will try and find them and post them tomorrow. The song has no name as of yet and its really two experimental pieces merged into one.

https://soundcloud.com/allan-kilgour/medley

Saeed AlSuri:
Hello Allan ..

Great song .. great singing ..

are you using some sort of effect on the voice is it Auto tune ??    ;D ;D ;D

Great guitar sounds .. love it ..  :D :D :D :D

Loved time .. Pink Allan ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Dave Bradley:
Great voice.

(Guitar sounds a bit pitchy in that first solo part, but easily fixable in a new version where you also add a slight bit of crunch to the guitar sound too)

montydog:
Very interesting to hear how far you have progressed as a player, singer and writer since this. I'm not feeling the love for this, I'm afraid but for only 2 years into playing, it's pretty impressive.

Neil C:
Alan, I like the guitar motif and the spaced out sound, you can sort hear you experimenting towards the end. IMHO I kind of prefer your more recent style and material.
 :)
Neil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version