Very rough experimental work

• 6 Replies

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
I went on a road trip today and listened to some old material of mine. This one is 4 years old so I had only been playing music for 2 years when this was written and recorded. Its very rough. But I thought it might be worth another look. I am interested to hear what is and isn't working before I go to the effort of trying to redo it and salvage something worthwhile.

Don't know where the lyrics are now but will try and find them and post them tomorrow. The song has no name as of yet and its really two experimental pieces merged into one.

https://soundcloud.com/allan-kilgour/medley

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
Hello Allan ..

Great song .. great singing ..

are you using some sort of effect on the voice is it Auto tune ??    ;D ;D ;D

Great guitar sounds .. love it ..  :D :D :D :D

Loved time .. Pink Allan ..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:32:44 PM by Saeed AlSuri »

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »
Great voice.

(Guitar sounds a bit pitchy in that first solo part, but easily fixable in a new version where you also add a slight bit of crunch to the guitar sound too)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
Very interesting to hear how far you have progressed as a player, singer and writer since this. I'm not feeling the love for this, I'm afraid but for only 2 years into playing, it's pretty impressive.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
Alan, I like the guitar motif and the spaced out sound, you can sort hear you experimenting towards the end. IMHO I kind of prefer your more recent style and material.
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:12:54 PM »
nice,

you have such a great voice, i like how your vocals sound on this (especially the first part), but this probably has more of the 80's feel that i like

it seems to miss a strong and catchy vocal hook, your songs of now have much more of that, this is very much music for the road, the long open road

that drop back to just guitar somewhere at 3.40 didn't really do it for me, and sorry after that point the vocals and music didn't grasp me as much as the first part did, for some reason

just my thoughts

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:19 PM »
hi allan,

love this really draws you into it,
now i'm going to be honest here
in the first part with the first vocal WOW, for me your voice is so good kind of like softer slower oasis
but after the tempo change and the second vocal on you seem to have gone a little country
now this is just my opinion,  but if you can take the first part of the track with the first vocal
I think you've got a real winner there the blend of music then vocal just fit,
I hope you understand what I mean allan I hope you hear what I mean when you go over it again
it's going to be a great piece but try to carry the first vocal through the whole piece
VERDICT you've got something here, well done tony...