Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Works in Progress

Affairs of the heart-early stage demo of a heavy rock song

(1/2) > >>

Jamie:
http://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/affairs-of-the-heart

Off on holiday so won't be posting for while,look forward to comments before finishing it off.

Early stage demo of a bit of a rocker, riff based songs are not usually my thing, but I quite like this ;D
Lyrics on SoundCloud

Cheers

Jamie

Dave Bradley:
The riff reminded me of something...took a moment...A-Ha "Take on me"...vaguely...more punk than Heavy Rock, but we don't need these pigeonholes really. It's all music!

GTB:

--- Quote from: sciencebase on July 03, 2013, 05:30:10 PM ---The riff reminded me of something...took a moment...A-Ha "Take on me"...vaguely...more punk than Heavy Rock, but we don't need these pigeonholes really. It's all music!

--- End quote ---

Punk? that's weird 'cos it sounds like one of those 'odd' songs that Steve Via throws in here & there.  It is certainly different and may not be everyone's cup of tea but I do actually quite like it.  It makes me want to dig out the pitch-factor.
enjoy your hol's
GTB

Jamie:
Hi guys,I thought the 'punk' ref was not what I expected ,thanks gtb :) I like the Steve vai  ref I wish I could write or play like him.I feel it's a bit led zep myself with a Beatles chorus.
Thanks for the comments! Cheers Jamie

Neil C:
Jamie, exciting, powerful and energetic, I'm rocking in my chair as I write ;D
Great guitar, drums and dual vocals work really well.
Thoughts: as recorded are the chorus actually slows the momentum of the song down, It sounds like a bridge to me. Anyway for me the chorus needs to have the more energy, and of course I'm looking forward to some big guitar solo on the finished product YEAH.
 :) :)
Neil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version