Affairs of the heart-early stage demo of a heavy rock song

• 5 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »
http://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/affairs-of-the-heart

Off on holiday so won't be posting for while,look forward to comments before finishing it off.

Early stage demo of a bit of a rocker, riff based songs are not usually my thing, but I quite like this ;D
Lyrics on SoundCloud

Cheers

Jamie

Dave Bradley

• Solo Gig
    • Dave Bradley Music
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
The riff reminded me of something...took a moment...A-Ha "Take on me"...vaguely...more punk than Heavy Rock, but we don't need these pigeonholes really. It's all music!

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »
The riff reminded me of something...took a moment...A-Ha "Take on me"...vaguely...more punk than Heavy Rock, but we don't need these pigeonholes really. It's all music!

Punk? that's weird 'cos it sounds like one of those 'odd' songs that Steve Via throws in here & there.  It is certainly different and may not be everyone's cup of tea but I do actually quite like it.  It makes me want to dig out the pitch-factor.
enjoy your hol's
GTB
GTB

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
Hi guys,I thought the 'punk' ref was not what I expected ,thanks gtb :) I like the Steve vai  ref I wish I could write or play like him.I feel it's a bit led zep myself with a Beatles chorus.
Thanks for the comments! Cheers Jamie

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
Jamie, exciting, powerful and energetic, I'm rocking in my chair as I write ;D
Great guitar, drums and dual vocals work really well.
Thoughts: as recorded are the chorus actually slows the momentum of the song down, It sounds like a bridge to me. Anyway for me the chorus needs to have the more energy, and of course I'm looking forward to some big guitar solo on the finished product YEAH.
 :) :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
Hi guys,I've found a hotel in northern Scotland with wifi.its 'scorchio' up here. Thanks for the feedback, Neil I will see if I can find a chorus that keeps the momentum going.also there will be a guitar solo in the final version.keep the feedback coming!
 8)

Cheers Jamie  ;D